My routines a bit... pants!

D

donlad

Awards
Hi,

Looking for a little help with my routines. Ive been training for about a year and a half now and only been serious for the past 8 months or so and finding my progress to be extremly slow. The latest routine ive been following is an all body program but finding afterwards im really pumped in some areas but not others and i fatigue quickly when doing upper body and growth is minimal. The 2nd thing im struggling with the weights im using. So far ive heard people say increase weight on each set, decrease weight on each set or just lift your max limit each time. Im training for growth im 25 and currently weigh 185lb... routine is below

Day 1
Reverse Squat 3 sets
Deadlift 3 sets
Bench press 4 sets
Chest fly 3 sets
lat pulldown 3 sets
close grip pulldown 3 sets
shoulder press 3 sets
reverse raise 3 sets
hammer curl 3 sets
dip 3 sets
then ab work

Day 2
Squats 3 sets
Bench press 3 sets
incline press 3 sets
bent over row 3 sets
pullover 3 sets
sshoulder press 3 sets
lat raise 3 sets
bicep curl 3 sets
tricep extension 3 sets
ab work

Day 3
Deadlift 4 sets
Bench press 4 sets
Dip 3 sets
One arm row 3 sets
Upright row 3 sets
shoulder press 3 sets
shrug 3 sets
reverse curl 3 sets
tricep pushdown 3 sets

I have a rest day between each workout and need a better routines that will help me bulk!

thanks

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you're doing way too much. the MWF total body workout is just that. there's no reason for chest flyes or hammer curls if you're playing the mass game. if your progress is slow its because you're doing some mass gainers with a lot of isolation. there's no reason to isolate if you're still what you consider to be small. i'm almost your weight at 5'9". instead, what worked for me (and you may be different) is:

M - squat (ass to ground) / bench / deadlift / pull up / floor wiper / clean and press (5x10)

W - lunges / push ups / floor wipers / military press / db curl to arnold press / deadlift with hex bar (5x10)

F - DB bench / sumo deadlift / chin ups / dips / floor wipers / the sled (5x10)

if something still doesn't feel like its growing, rear tri's for example, throw it in the mix - one extra exercise per day, 3 sets of 10. incidentally, the best mass gainers per body part are:
biceps - chin ups
biceps - barbell curls
back - deadlifts
back - pull ups
chest - bench press
legs - squats
shoulders - military press
shoulders - upright row
triceps - dips
triceps - close grip bench
overall - overhead squat
overall - clean and press

doing this, i gained 2 lb overall per month for the 4 months i did it. that was with a non strict diet as well. use this time to get your diet in order, since the gym is only 10% of your growth. lots of protein, medium carbs, healthy fats (avocado, fish oil, nuts).

D

donlad

Awards
Cheers Suncloud, gunna go this lot a go starting tomorrow so fingers crossed!
Yeah my diets halfway there.... just trying to get over the cravings at the minute!