Broken Clavicle

1. Broken Clavicle

Sustained this injury on June 2nd (broken in one place). I have not lifted since and it driving me crazy. Anybody suffer the same injury and how long before you were able to lift again? Also any supps/gear that might help with the recovery? BTW I was planning on doing a cycle of Havoc once I am able to lift again. Will this help?

2. Not much to do for a broken clavicle brother, unless it's horribly displaced/angulated. Adequate rest and a shoulder immobilizer are about it. I would follow up with your orthopaedic doctor to see what he has to say.

The odds are it will be a good 6-8 weeks before he recommends anything of the weight lifting nature. In the mean time, i recommend you rest up bud and let it heal.

Healing something of this nature takes time off and sufficient rest. Don't push it my friend and make something that isn't a big deal into one.
    Last edited by Trauma1; 07-10-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

3. I agree with rest and no lifting.... But I would think that maybe some PowerFULL might help with the healing process. I don't know if growth hormone helps bones heal, but it couldnt hurt any.
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    I agree with rest and no lifting.... But I would think that maybe some PowerFULL might help with the healing process. I don't know if growth hormone helps bones heal, but it couldnt hurt any.
    Waz up red!

It may help indeed, but rest is the best thing right now imo.

Legendary

5. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Not much to do for a broken clavicle brother, unless it's horribly displaced/angulated. Adequate rest and a shoulder immobilizer are about it. I would follow up with your orthopaedic doctor to see what he has to say.

The odds are it will be a good 4-6 weeks before he recommends anything of the weight lifting nature. In the mean time, i recommend you rest up bud and let it heal.

Healing something of this nature takes time off and sufficient rest. Don't push it my friend and make something that isn't a big deal into one.
    Yeah probably not what I wanted to hear but so true. I believe he told me it would be about three months before I could play softball again so I am sure that weight training is off the table for even longer. Anyway next week is my appointment and it will be exactly 2.5 months. Maybe I can get permission to do something besides cardio.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ALUISLUGO View Post
    Yeah probably not what I wanted to hear but so true. I believe he told me it would be about three months before I could play softball again so I am sure that weight training is off the table for even longer. Anyway next week is my appointment and it will be exactly 2.5 months. Maybe I can get permission to do something besides cardio.
    Rest up, and get well soon my friend.

Legendary

7. I was out for awhile with the same injury, I used swimmming as my rehab before I got back into the weights, and it helped a ton. Lots of laps later my shoulder strength was back as well as cardio.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Broken Jaw - Need help
    By TheKaz in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 09:28 AM
  2. Broken Scaphoid
    By petey7408 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 06:50 PM
  3. Broken Ribs
    By lowboy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1