Broken Clavicle

  1. Broken Clavicle


    Sustained this injury on June 2nd (broken in one place). I have not lifted since and it driving me crazy. Anybody suffer the same injury and how long before you were able to lift again? Also any supps/gear that might help with the recovery? BTW I was planning on doing a cycle of Havoc once I am able to lift again. Will this help?


  2. Not much to do for a broken clavicle brother, unless it's horribly displaced/angulated. Adequate rest and a shoulder immobilizer are about it. I would follow up with your orthopaedic doctor to see what he has to say.

    The odds are it will be a good 6-8 weeks before he recommends anything of the weight lifting nature. In the mean time, i recommend you rest up bud and let it heal.

    Healing something of this nature takes time off and sufficient rest. Don't push it my friend and make something that isn't a big deal into one.
    Last edited by Trauma1; 07-10-2008 at 11:23 PM.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  3. I agree with rest and no lifting.... But I would think that maybe some PowerFULL might help with the healing process. I don't know if growth hormone helps bones heal, but it couldnt hurt any.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    I agree with rest and no lifting.... But I would think that maybe some PowerFULL might help with the healing process. I don't know if growth hormone helps bones heal, but it couldnt hurt any.
    Waz up red!

    It may help indeed, but rest is the best thing right now imo.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Not much to do for a broken clavicle brother, unless it's horribly displaced/angulated. Adequate rest and a shoulder immobilizer are about it. I would follow up with your orthopaedic doctor to see what he has to say.

    The odds are it will be a good 4-6 weeks before he recommends anything of the weight lifting nature. In the mean time, i recommend you rest up bud and let it heal.

    Healing something of this nature takes time off and sufficient rest. Don't push it my friend and make something that isn't a big deal into one.
    Yeah probably not what I wanted to hear but so true. I believe he told me it would be about three months before I could play softball again so I am sure that weight training is off the table for even longer. Anyway next week is my appointment and it will be exactly 2.5 months. Maybe I can get permission to do something besides cardio.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by ALUISLUGO View Post
    Yeah probably not what I wanted to hear but so true. I believe he told me it would be about three months before I could play softball again so I am sure that weight training is off the table for even longer. Anyway next week is my appointment and it will be exactly 2.5 months. Maybe I can get permission to do something besides cardio.
    Rest up, and get well soon my friend.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  7. I was out for awhile with the same injury, I used swimmming as my rehab before I got back into the weights, and it helped a ton. Lots of laps later my shoulder strength was back as well as cardio.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Broken Jaw - Need help
    By TheKaz in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 09:28 AM
  2. Broken Scaphoid
    By petey7408 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 06:50 PM
  3. Broken Ribs
    By lowboy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 07:31 PM
  4. Broken rib?
    By intv in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Log in
Log in