Decline dumbell press angle?
- 07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
- 07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
i'm not sure, but interested in hearing the answer. i end up at 30 degrees downward or so but that just happens to be where the bench goes
07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Here's some thing to think about before you go wasting time on declines, when you arch your back, as i sure 90% of us do on heavier sets, you turn flat bench into decline, and inclince into flat bench, just something to think about.
07-09-2008, 05:04 PM
I do arch my back on presses when I plant my feet but its minimal, I dont have a great arch by powerlifting standards. We have a decline barbell bench at my gym but I never use that, the range of motion with the barbell is so short, and the angle of the bench seems way to steep for me, I only feel the movement in my delts and tri's.
07-09-2008, 05:07 PM
07-09-2008, 05:19 PM
yeah, thats the same philosophy Ive shared for the 3 years or so Ive been training, I was just gonna try to throw in the decline dumbell press or the flye for something new. Its looking like its not worth it at all lol
Similar Forum Threads
- By gynopuff in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 05-22-2015, 08:02 AM
- By lonewolf0420 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
- By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 25Last Post: 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM
- By Bendiesel in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 03-30-2008, 02:48 PM
- By Wichard20 in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:59 PM