Decline dumbell press angle?
- 07-09-2008, 03:27 PM
- 07-09-2008, 03:53 PMBoard ModeratorNever enough
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
i'm not sure, but interested in hearing the answer. i end up at 30 degrees downward or so but that just happens to be where the bench goesThis space for rent
Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
- 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Here's some thing to think about before you go wasting time on declines, when you arch your back, as i sure 90% of us do on heavier sets, you turn flat bench into decline, and inclince into flat bench, just something to think about.
07-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I do arch my back on presses when I plant my feet but its minimal, I dont have a great arch by powerlifting standards. We have a decline barbell bench at my gym but I never use that, the range of motion with the barbell is so short, and the angle of the bench seems way to steep for me, I only feel the movement in my delts and tri's.
07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
07-09-2008, 04:19 PM
yeah, thats the same philosophy Ive shared for the 3 years or so Ive been training, I was just gonna try to throw in the decline dumbell press or the flye for something new. Its looking like its not worth it at all lol
Similar Forum Threads
- By lonewolf0420 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 04-19-2011, 01:06 PM
- By alih92 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 02-22-2011, 09:32 PM
- By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 25Last Post: 06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
- By browns1234 in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
- By Bendiesel in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 03-30-2008, 01:48 PM