Decline dumbell press angle?

1. Decline dumbell press angle?

How steep of an an angle is required to shift the focus of the press to the lower pecs? I have been doing dips to focus on the lower pecs, but I want to add the decline dumbell press or flye for variety.

2. Never enough

i'm not sure, but interested in hearing the answer. i end up at 30 degrees downward or so but that just happens to be where the bench goes
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

3. Here's some thing to think about before you go wasting time on declines, when you arch your back, as i sure 90% of us do on heavier sets, you turn flat bench into decline, and inclince into flat bench, just something to think about.

4. I do arch my back on presses when I plant my feet but its minimal, I dont have a great arch by powerlifting standards. We have a decline barbell bench at my gym but I never use that, the range of motion with the barbell is so short, and the angle of the bench seems way to steep for me, I only feel the movement in my delts and tri's.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
    I only feel the movement in my delts and tri's.

Thats why i say declines are junk, if your really concerned about your lower pecs, dips are the way to go. Lean forward to help isolate your pecs.
    •   

6. yeah, thats the same philosophy Ive shared for the 3 years or so Ive been training, I was just gonna try to throw in the decline dumbell press or the flye for something new. Its looking like its not worth it at all lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Incline Bench Press Angle
    By lonewolf0420 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
  2. Dumbell Shoulder Press?
    By alih92 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 10:32 PM
  3. Triangle dumbell press helped me blast threw plateau.
    By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM
  4. dumbell bench press
    By browns1234 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 03:25 PM
  5. will decline dumbell flys wreck shoulders?
    By Bendiesel in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 02:48 PM