Fun Gym Games

1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Arrow Fun Gym Games

One that we do, common in correctional facilities, where you use a deck of cards to do pushups (doing said number of reps on the card you draw.) This can be used for any exercise, such as dips or chinups. Face cards are worth 10 reps, aces are worth a short break.

Another one is "chicken", where me and my buddy who is about the same strength as me, pick up the same amount of weight and see who can out rep eachother. We set up 2 benches facing eachother, each grabbed a 45lb dumbell and started doing skullcrushers across from one another. The loser (first one to stop) must do 10 pushups. Do this for a few sets.

Anyone have any fun games they do to increase motivation and intensity?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    One that we do, common in correctional facilities, where you use a deck of cards to do pushups (doing said number of reps on the card you draw.) This can be used for any exercise, such as dips or chinups. Face cards are worth 10 reps, aces are worth a short break.

Another one is "chicken", where me and my buddy who is about the same strength as me, pick up the same amount of weight and see who can out rep eachother. We set up 2 benches facing eachother, each grabbed a 45lb dumbell and started doing skullcrushers across from one another. The loser (first one to stop) must do 10 pushups. Do this for a few sets.

Anyone have any fun games they do to increase motivation and intensity?
    Awsome games...but you just made me depressed because I have no one to lift with. I am a loser....(actually I just go to the gym at like 3pm, no one there yet)
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

My favorite game is punch your training partner while avoiding his attempts at striking you. Not quite the same as yours, RR.

In the weight room, I like to do the clean and press/pull-up challenge. The goal is to do as many sets of 5 on each of them with 20 seconds rest in 5 minutes. Loser has to buy a post-WO feast.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    In the weight room, I like to do the clean and press/pull-up challenge. The goal is to do as many sets of 5 on each of them with 20 seconds rest in 5 minutes. Loser has to buy a post-WO feast.
    That's awesome!!!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.93%

not really a game but sometimes when my training partner and I get too hopped up on NO Xplode we se how many pushups and situps we can do while humming "eye of the tiger" abnoxiously loud...... seriously we get the funniest looks especially when humming in unison

Similar Forum Threads

1. PS3 Games - Name Your Top 3
    By Irish Cannon in forum General Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 12:00 AM
  2. Let the games be doped
    By Mo250 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
  3. Top 10 8-Bit Games
    By CNizz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 10:42 AM
  4. 25% off used games, INCLUDING WII AND PS#3!!
    By CNizz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 12:41 PM
  5. Winter X games
    By Bering C in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 02:57 AM