hernia qustion

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i didnt know where to put this. so heres goes

i was deadlifting yesterday and all of a sudden, my ab started to hurt.

i dont how to too tell if i just i strained my ab or if it a hernia

its just my upper left ab that hurts

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
What you're feeling could be any number of things, from simple to complex. I'd recommend seeking medical attention, just to be safe, because it could be nothing, or it could be something more serious. No one here is qualified to answer that question accurately over an internet forum, without seeing you in person and doing the proper assessment (no offense to anyone here who knows a lot about sports injuries).

Now personally, I would just lay off of it for a while, not doing anything to aggravate that part of my body, and if I was still feeling the same pains after a day or two, then I'd go to the doctor. But that's just what I would do. Because if it does happen to be a hernia (even if it's minor), you want to take care of that as soon as you can. Best to play it safe rather than doing something you may regret later down the road.

Do what you think is best for you. But whatever you decide to do, just take it easy for a while as not to further your injury.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
My traning partner just had two patched up, one he did not know he had. Never hurts to go to the doc.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i done the same thing when i was doing a deadlift,It was my lower abs though, about 3 seconds of the worst pain ever. After that it wasn't really sore, i was more shocked with what happened. had a wee rest then i was fine :dl:

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i done the same thing when i was doing a deadlift,It was my lower abs though, about 3 seconds of the worst pain ever. After that it wasn't really sore, i was more shocked with what happened. had a wee rest then i was fine :dl:
i was deading lifting too... the pain wasnt that bad.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i was deading lifting too... the pain wasnt that bad.
Yeah i had no idea what i'd done, still don't. Don't think it was a hernia or i'd of seen something by now i'd think! It did have me worried at the time though.

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
Bear down if a lump bulges at the site of pain it is probably a hernia....if not it probably is a muscle strain.....Peace!

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just make sure I train abs more.. I never did before… no more pain