Tell me if this ever happens to you guys... - AnabolicMinds.com

Tell me if this ever happens to you guys...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.

Tell me if this ever happens to you guys...

As bodybuilders/strength trainers, we are creatures of habit. We develop these routines of eating, sleeping, and training so that little deviation ever really occurs. Making these things routine is especially important for those of us doing the 9-5+ thing.

So the other day, I had a deposition to attend that was scheduled for 3-4:30, so I ate lunch at about 1 and then brought a sandwich along with me to eat right after it was over. The damn thing ended up going until 7:30, so basically I didn't eat until from 1-7:30ish. I've been eating every 3 hours at least for the past 3-4 years straight, so I was dying...no energy. I normally get in the gym at 5:45, but this day I didn't make it in until like 8. Let me tell you...I stuggled. Couldn't even make it all the way through the workout.

I've been lifting for several years, and have built (IMO at least) a good strength base so far (right now 295/385/455 @ 175lbs), so I really have to push myself to move forward. I find that if the littlest thing is off for just that day (i.e. I miss a meal, I get an hour less sleep, I go to the gym too late, etc.), my session will suffer.

So, for all you creatures of habit, does this kind of thing happen to you?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I have no where near the years of experience as you, but yes, I know when it's been over 3 hours. I'd be ready to attack small woodland critters after 6.5 hours man, that's brutal.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235.9 lbs.

I know what you mean, I been at this for 11 years str8. Not trying to make myself sound hardcore, I would have pushed myself thru the workout and made it good. I see every workout as another step up on the competetion, so if i miss a scheduled day I'm losing ground. LOL....crazy i know, but that's how I made myself to be.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.

My training partner came to the gym on one meal the other day, he did not look good nor lift good. If it were me, i would not have been able to train. I usually get some headaches at that point. I can be short cals but not meals by much. Meaning if i miss a meal i can pick up a couple balance bars and it will not make much of a difference, but if i miss food altogether it is a problem.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I have no where near the years of experience as you, but yes, I know when it's been over 3 hours. I'd be ready to attack small woodland critters after 6.5 hours man, that's brutal.
    Yeah for sure...I even get kind of irritable if I go long enough. I was ready to snap.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic79 View Post
    I know what you mean, I been at this for 11 years str8. Not trying to make myself sound hardcore, I would have pushed myself thru the workout and made it good. I see every workout as another step up on the competetion, so if i miss a scheduled day I'm losing ground. LOL....crazy i know, but that's how I made myself to be.
    Believe me, I tried. I only skipped out on the last exercise. I feel the same way about missing days, so that's why I made myself go, but 35-40 minutes in, I was completely spent. I felt like I was going to hurt myself if I stayed.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you guys think?
    By wolverines in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 02:09 PM
  2. What do you guys do for DHT?
    By nattydisaster in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
  3. I could really use your guys help
    By pdx89 in forum Weight Loss