Training Routine

Grand31

Awards
I'm new here. But I play football and I'm looking to gain muscle mass and weight. I've already gained over 10 pounds from last season. I workout 5 to 6 days a week (if i could get there on saturdays). I'm 5'8 147 right now im trying to get in the 165 - 170 range within 3 or 4 months. So I have a couple questions....

When working out, whats the best way to get muscle size, 8 - 10 reps with mid weight or 2 - 5 reps with heavy weight. I hear both will get you mass, 8 - 10 can tone too... but whats the faster way of getting muscle mass? I can always go back and tone muscle....

Also I workout twice a day on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and once Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays

So is it alright if i work out two times a day? I lift at practice in the morning (about 9 a.m.) and then ill wait and go to the gym anywhere between 3 - 8 p.m. to put some rest in between on the days i workout twice daily.

Also would it be alright if i up it to maybe 3 times a day, morning noon, late evening/night? The last session really not as intense.. just for toning and such. I did a lot of research on weight lifting and yes i know... your muscles dont grow while working out... its the rest that is important.

Those are my questions

I also workout different muscle groups on the different days when im working out...

Squires

Awards
Wow thats a lot of training. The amount of calories that are burned to support that activity level must be amazing. If you want to grow do less. Three full body days a week.

Day A:

Squat, Bench, Pull-ups

Day B:

Cleans(if you know how to do these properly), Deadlift, Overhead Press, Rows

Alternate days; ie Monday A, Wednesday B, Friday A, Monday B....

Add in abs and single joint exercises at the end of a session if you would like. Reps should be 5-8. Eat a lot, you can't grow with out quality food.

Get an experienced, knowledgable lifter to help you with your form.

Be consistant.