Training Routine

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  147 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71%

Training Routine

I'm new here. But I play football and I'm looking to gain muscle mass and weight. I've already gained over 10 pounds from last season. I workout 5 to 6 days a week (if i could get there on saturdays). I'm 5'8 147 right now im trying to get in the 165 - 170 range within 3 or 4 months. So I have a couple questions....

When working out, whats the best way to get muscle size, 8 - 10 reps with mid weight or 2 - 5 reps with heavy weight. I hear both will get you mass, 8 - 10 can tone too... but whats the faster way of getting muscle mass? I can always go back and tone muscle....

Also I workout twice a day on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and once Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays

So is it alright if i work out two times a day? I lift at practice in the morning (about 9 a.m.) and then ill wait and go to the gym anywhere between 3 - 8 p.m. to put some rest in between on the days i workout twice daily.

Also would it be alright if i up it to maybe 3 times a day, morning noon, late evening/night? The last session really not as intense.. just for toning and such. I did a lot of research on weight lifting and yes i know... your muscles dont grow while working out... its the rest that is important.

Those are my questions

I also workout different muscle groups on the different days when im working out...

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.05%

Wow thats a lot of training. The amount of calories that are burned to support that activity level must be amazing. If you want to grow do less. Three full body days a week.

Day A:

Squat, Bench, Pull-ups

Day B:

Cleans(if you know how to do these properly), Deadlift, Overhead Press, Rows

Alternate days; ie Monday A, Wednesday B, Friday A, Monday B....

Add in abs and single joint exercises at the end of a session if you would like. Reps should be 5-8. Eat a lot, you can't grow with out quality food.

Get an experienced, knowledgable lifter to help you with your form.

Be consistant.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ok training routine??
    By SkItZoId in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 03:06 AM
  2. PCT in regards to the training routine?
    By barbar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
  3. how is this training routine?
    By iknowwhoyouar in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 07:03 PM
  4. possible dc training routine?
    By doc1988 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 06:21 PM
  5. how's this training routine for a 34 yr old?
    By roadkill in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 01:21 PM