Doggcrap question

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Hello all. I am considering starting DC training on monday and after looking and researching, i have a question. For instance, here is the setup, per instructions...

a)
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

b)
biceps
forearms
calves
hams
quads

Three lifts are picked for each bodypart, and each training day you do ONE of the lifts in either rest-pause, or strait set fashion.
That means after warm-ups, you do ONE lift per body-part for a total of 5 sets per workout.

For instance, monday is set up like this...

MONDAY:
Hammer Bench Press x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause (help)
Military Press in Rack x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
Skull Crushers x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
Wide Grip Pull-Down x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
Bent Row x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause

With the above on monday, Does this mean, u will do a set of hammer presses for 8reps, then stop....rest for 15secs and then pump out as many reps as you can? Then rest for 15secs, and repeat till.....till when?

Is the other option just to do straight sets. Like do 1x8reps,....rest for 2 minutes, then another set....rest 2 mins...then another set.....for a total of 5 sets?

What is the best way and am i even looking at this correctly?
Also, if this is done in rest pause fashion, wouldn't you complete your workout fairly fast.
(althought im sure u would be very tired and spent)

Thanks for the help. I really wanna try this type of training.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hello all. I am considering starting DC training on monday and after looking and researching, i have a question. For instance, here is the setup, per instructions...

a)
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

b)
biceps
forearms
calves
hams
quads

Three lifts are picked for each bodypart, and each training day you do ONE of the lifts in either rest-pause, or strait set fashion.
That means after warm-ups, you do ONE lift per body-part for a total of 5 sets per workout.

For instance, monday is set up like this...

MONDAY:
Hammer Bench Press x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause (help)
Military Press in Rack x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
Skull Crushers x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
Wide Grip Pull-Down x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
Bent Row x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause

With the above on monday, Does this mean, u will do a set of hammer presses for 8reps, then stop....rest for 15secs and then pump out as many reps as you can? Then rest for 15secs, and repeat till.....till when?

What you will do is this, (and keep in mind the first few rotations through, will be a matter of figuring out the correct working weights) Pick a weight you can get 6-8 reps for to failure(assuming 11-15rp range). Warm up, then begin your rest pause set. Go untill you know for a fact you wont get the next rep up, and come down nice and slow, take 15 DEEP breaths, go again to failure/till you know you wont get another rep,15 deep breaths, then one final set. It will look something like this usually, 8-4-2. A rest pause set consists of 3 mini sets. It is always advisable to end on a negative when possible.

Is the other option just to do straight sets. Like do 1x8reps,....rest for 2 minutes, then another set....rest 2 mins...then another set.....for a total of 5 sets?

It isn't an option.. You Rest pause certain muscle groups(chest, tri, shoulder, back width, bi, ham) and Straight set others(Forearm, calf, quad, back thickness) You never do anything with 5 sets. I am not sure where you read that.

What is the best way and am i even looking at this correctly?
Also, if this is done in rest pause fashion, wouldn't you complete your workout fairly fast.
(althought im sure u would be very tired and spent)

Workouts are def shorter, due to less volume, but don't forget warming up, and stretching take up time. You will be spent, that is forsure.. Sometimes you will have to wait a few min before moving on to the next exercise.

Thanks for the help. I really wanna try this type of training.

Ask away. With this program, you def. want to make sure your doing it correctly, before doing it.. I see people say it didn't work for them, but 90% of the time they are doing some bastardized version, they call DC. Do it how it is laid out, don't over analyze, focus on constant progression, intensity, and listening to your body.

HTH.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Ask away. With this program, you def. want to make sure your doing it correctly, before doing it.. I see people say it didn't work for them, but 90% of the time they are doing some bastardized version, they call DC. Do it how it is laid out, don't over analyze, focus on constant progression, intensity, and listening to your body.

HTH.
thanks alot man. I am still up at 1am and still reading different forums and googling as much as i can about DC training. Thanks for answering my questions on DC

Honestly, im just trying to find a routine that is either...looking mainly for strength and mass. Got anything for me?

a)fullbody (been doing this for almost a year, and looking to switchup a little....but would try something different if i could find something i like)

b)upper/lower split

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks alot man. I am still up at 1am and still reading different forums and googling as much as i can about DC training. Thanks for answering my questions on DC

Honestly, im just trying to find a routine that is either...looking mainly for strength and mass. Got anything for me?

a)fullbody (been doing this for almost a year, and looking to switchup a little....but would try something different if i could find something i like)

b)upper/lower split
Honestly, i can't see myself straying from DC.. It is so versatile, and can be changed up enough, that i don't see a reason to. It will really take 1-2 blasts, to get comfortable with it.

I recommend it. Just do your homework on it, and if your going to do it do it 100% to a T..

Just be 100% sure what you read is correct, because allot of the sites out there are outdated, or take his thoughts/principles out of context.

You may want to invest in buying the DC Dvd even.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, i can't see myself straying from DC.. It is so versatile, and can be changed up enough, that i don't see a reason to. It will really take 1-2 blasts, to get comfortable with it.

I recommend it. Just do your homework on it, and if your going to do it do it 100% to a T..

Just be 100% sure what you read is correct, because allot of the sites out there are outdated, or take his thoughts/principles out of context.

You may want to invest in buying the DC Dvd even.
imprez. you wouldnt have some type of template or excel sheet would you? Or anything that i could use to get up to speed a little quicker?

I know i had found a excel spreadsheet of all of waterbury's routines which was very neat, because it was all in one spot with everything you needed.

thanks

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I don't have the sheet nemore but I have articles that dc wrote and I have cycles for pennies saved(the original thread that started the steamboat going)...I can upload it. also, I have a routine recommended by dc himself.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
oh and there is a 3 day program that lets u break down the leg day that he talked about, say u wanted legs by themselves.

Trapark666

Trapark666

Awards
oh and there is a 3 day program that lets u break down the leg day that he talked about, say u wanted legs by themselves.
I tweaked DC's program around so I could just do legs by themselves. I didn't know he had modified his routine. I would be interested to read that if you could post it or pm me with it.

W

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
the DVD by jason wojo is fact filled and very informative, then yo should head to intensemuscle.com and read everything in the dogg pound that has to do with DC to include the extreme stretching.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I tweaked DC's program around so I could just do legs by themselves. I didn't know he had modified his routine. I would be interested to read that if you could post it or pm me with it.
The 3 way split is recommended for ADVANCED trainees, the regular 2way split(m/w/f) is what MOST people should be doing.

Here is the 3way split(m,tue,thur,fri)
a)
biceps
forearms
back width
back thickness
b)
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
c)
Calves
Hams
Quads

Trapark666

Trapark666

Awards
The 3 way split is recommended for ADVANCED trainees, the regular 2way split(m/w/f) is what MOST people should be doing.

I've had success doing the 2 day split on M/Tu/Th/F but you have to be carefull because it is an easy way to overtrain. If I stalled on reps or weight, I would back it down to three days a week. My favorite part was the amount of time in the gym was almost cut in half.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
yeah I can pm it when I get home but as stated, the 3 way is for long term users. I've done 4 phases of 8 weeks...now on my 5thphase...all over a 2yr period so I'd be cautious using it for starters..

EDIT: I mean the m/w/f split, as dc mentioned, was more for long term lifters. He recommended the mon/tue OFF thur/friday split for others.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've had success doing the 2 day split on M/Tu/Th/F but you have to be carefull because it is an easy way to overtrain. If I stalled on reps or weight, I would back it down to three days a week. My favorite part was the amount of time in the gym was almost cut in half.
So you did the typical 2way split:
Chest/delt/tri/back width/thickness
Bi/fore/calf/ham/quad

4 days a week?

That would be too much for me, and probally most people with average recovery. My blasts would last a week..lol

Trapark666

Trapark666

Awards
So you did the typical 2way split:
Chest/delt/tri/back width/thickness
Bi/fore/calf/ham/quad

4 days a week?

That would be too much for me, and probally most people with average recovery. My blasts would last a week..lol
I would only do it for a month or so depending on how the gains kept coming. I am a binge and purge lifter so I would also only do it after I had taken some time off, that magic time when muscle memory is helping out. Back when M1T was around, I would do if for the entire cycle and the gains were better than I had ever got out of a cycle before. I miss those days.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would only do it for a month or so depending on how the gains kept coming. I am a binge and purge lifter so I would also only do it after I had taken some time off, that magic time when muscle memory is helping out. Back when M1T was around, I would do if for the entire cycle and the gains were better than I had ever got out of a cycle before. I miss those days.
Ya, when ur "on" is a different story, indeed.