5x5 Routine Question....

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Hey, so I am going to give the 5x5 routine a try here after I finish my cut (roughly one more month). Working out just three times a week mon/wed/fri works out perfectly with my school schedule when I start up in August so I'm pretty happy with that.
So, yeah, I'm going to be doing squats three times a week, mwf. The problem is that I'm finally getting back into hockey and will be joining a league in august. I am going to have games on Thursday nights every week.
So my question is am I better off not squatting wednesdays, or do you guys think I will be ok squatting mwf while having hockey thurs. nights??
Thanks bros

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your recovery. The volume is low enough where you can get away with 3x week and still skate no problem. If you can't, don't take squats away, just increase carbs, protein and EAAs for quicker recovery.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I never knew the traditional program called for repeats of the same exercise for multiple days?
if its 3 days the when will u deadlift or bp?

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I never knew the traditional program called for repeats of the same exercise for multiple days?
if its 3 days the when will u deadlift or bp?
Squats appear to be the core of the program. You do squats MWF. You do bench and bent over rows monday and friday. You do deads and standing military wednesdays.
I'm not sure if this is the "original" but I found it at
http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your recovery. The volume is low enough where you can get away with 3x week and still skate no problem. If you can't, don't take squats away, just increase carbs, protein and EAAs for quicker recovery.
Thanks man. I should be fine after the first couple weeks of it and I get used to it. I def. will be upping the carbs I can't wait to finish this effing cut...

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I would let them rest on wednesday. Two days a week for legs is plenty. If you squat Wed. then exert yourself on Thurs., your legs won't be recovered for Friday.