training after surgery

kkr

Awards
I am going for gynocomasia surgery soon. The surgeon said that I should not exerise my upper body for 4 weeks. Do I have to wait 4 weeks to begin training my arms, shoulders and chest again? If yes then should I continue to take protein supplements to prevent catabolism? During that time will I lose my arm size? Please help, Thanks

kkr

Awards
I already talked to my doctor. I am just asking, to see if anyone else has gone through this b4 and has some experience in this.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Like someone else has already said, ask your doctor, or preferably, a physical therapist and your doctor. If your doctor already told you to wait about four weeks before training the upper body, then I'd wait four weeks before doing anything upper body. We might know more about bodybuilding than most doctors out there, but most doctors know their stuff when it comes to what they do. So if the doctor who's performing the surgery on you has given you this advice, then it's best to take it.

However, I understand that you're wanting to hear from others who have personal experiences with this situation, and that's completely understandable. But I'd still talk to a doctor and physical therapist, taking their advice over anyone's advice on these boards. No offense to anyone on these boards, but that's just the safest way to play it.

Good luck with everything, buddy!

kkr

Awards
Thanks for the advice bro, I will just rest during the 4 weeks and stay with my protein supplements.