Yoga

roryrock

roryrock

Awards
Any one here combine yoga with their regimen. my girlfriend wants me to do it with her. Says ill feel amazing.

even has enticed me with stories of all the hot babes in her classes. i'm tempted.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do it for flexibility, core strength, and balance.

roryrock

roryrock

Awards
That's what she said. so would you recommend trying it. i'm kinda of a big guy. not huge but i wondered if i'd start to slim down when i'm trying to bulk up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what she said. so would you recommend trying it. i'm kinda of a big guy. not huge but i wondered if i'd start to slim down when i'm trying to bulk up.
It's not too heavy of a calorie burner, depending on which style you take. I like it to relax in the same fashion as meditation as well.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Anusara is a style of Hatha Yoga; the purpose of Hatha yoga is to open and strengthen the body while developing flexibility and balance.

Just remember: yoga is something to relax into (literally), not something to push against, so keep breathing, remember not to work too hard, and you'll be fine.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I don't get a chance often enough to do it, but I do enjoy "hot yoga". (Moksha or Bikrahm).

It's good for flexibility and stress reduction. I like to think of it as something similar to anti-oxidents when we're weight lifting.

Uhmmm....the fact that it's the "hip" thing to do right now means that the class is usually 70+% young girls....wearing the absolute minimum they can....drenched in sweat....bending...

Ahem. I'm not saying that's the reason I went. But it is a good reason to keep on going...lol

Besides - I never know what kind of seeds are being planted. While I'd never hit on any of the girls there, there MAY come a time when we run into each other outside of class - and have that excuse/connection to initiate a conversation...

You obviously don't care about that since you have a gf though ;) LoL

JoeYoung

JoeYoung

Awards
I can agree with that, tons of beautiful girls in spandex bending, but its also good for your flexibility so you definitely can't go wrong

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It compliments lifting very well if you can tough it out. I find it takes a lot of energy..but it is definitely worth it. Lifting shortens muscle..yoga lengthens so your muscles will look fuller and perform better.

And yeah, sweaty girls all breathing and moaning together in the same room. Wear loose shorts if you go.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It compliments lifting very well if you can tough it out. I find it takes a lot of energy..but it is definitely worth it. Lifting shortens muscle..yoga lengthens so your muscles will look fuller and perform better.

And yeah, sweaty girls all breathing and moaning together in the same room. Wear loose shorts if you go.
And some compression shorts. :hammer:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
due, yoga doesn't get enough credit from the bb'ing fraternity IMHO

i prefer Iyengar or some ashtanga style, the Bikrahm "hot" yoga is awesome if you can find a class though.

as with weight training, form in yoga is everything, it can be a very humbling experience for someone who considers themselves to be in shape as yoga is all about alighmnet, balance and unison. Each pose not only requires the whole body to work together but also the mind, the definition of the word yoga means "union".

without union between the body and mind one will stuggle to master even the simplist of poses.

if you are lookijng for a freen beginners yoga routine go here and download this high quality free resource Download Page

i've been using yoga to compliment my weight training for about 6 years now.

Attachments