List 4 top 1RM Exercises

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got Squat, Bench and Deadlift for the progress tracker. Need 1 more...what do you think?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would say overhead press. That way you can say "I can lift xxx over my head" like in that episode of seinfeld where jerrys talkin george up "I've seen him lift 100 pounds right over his head" :D

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say overhead press. That way you can say "I can lift xxx over my head" like in that episode of seinfeld where jerrys talkin george up "I've seen him lift 100 pounds right over his head" :D
Then Elaine is telling her GF abuot George trying to fix them up and everything she try's to skimp on him and friend calls her out "So he's bald!! So he's fat!!!" :toofunny:

Im going to have to go home and watch that one

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Then Elaine is telling her GF abuot George trying to fix them up and everything she try's to skimp on him and friend calls her out "So he's bald!! So he's fat!!!" :toofunny:

LOL!!!

I watched the one today where George went to the holistic healer. "What month were you born? You should have been born in August. Your parents would have been well advised to wait."

Had me rollin:toofunny:

cynic

cynic

Awards

"What about the skin? I need a good cheek...I like a good cheek."

But seriously, Power Cleans is my vote...maybe Push Press

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say OverHead Military - aside from the Clean, that's the most indicative of overall body strength.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I would say OverHead Military - aside from the Clean, that's the most indicative of overall body strength.
Agreed. LOTS of overall core stability and full upper-body stabilizers involved in making this one work.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
strict standing overhead. Clean has very little to do with strength in regards to the average gym goer. Meaning someone can put alot of weight by teaching you proper form on the clean, but that is not really going to happen with the other lifters. Before i am attacked a clean is one of the best exercises going.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Clean and Press over Military, easily, especially if you're doing half reps, which I see a lot. C and P includes full body dynamic power and strength. Military is just a strength movement, with no lower body included, and no explosiveness included.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I like clean and presses but IMO its not a good exercise to push your 1RM or encourage newbs to do so.

If its not done correctly then you can really expose your lower back and open up the door to some serious injurys.

That being said - my vote for Standing Overhead Presses FTW

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please explain how I didn't make sense. You can military press from the seated or standing position... and he loves me because i'm lovable.