List 4 top 1RM Exercises

1. List 4 top 1RM Exercises

I got Squat, Bench and Deadlift for the progress tracker. Need 1 more...what do you think?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. clean and press.

3. I 2nd the clean and press
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    I got Squat, Bench and Deadlift for the progress tracker. Need 1 more...what do you think?
    You mean there is a 4th exercise?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post
    You mean there is a 4th exercise?
    lol

Clean would be a good one and might encourage more people to actually do it.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

6. I would say overhead press. That way you can say "I can lift xxx over my head" like in that episode of seinfeld where jerrys talkin george up "I've seen him lift 100 pounds right over his head"

7. Cheat curl, of course.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I would say overhead press. That way you can say "I can lift xxx over my head" like in that episode of seinfeld where jerrys talkin george up "I've seen him lift 100 pounds right over his head"
    Then Elaine is telling her GF abuot George trying to fix them up and everything she try's to skimp on him and friend calls her out "So he's bald!! So he's fat!!!"

Im going to have to go home and watch that one
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

9. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Then Elaine is telling her GF abuot George trying to fix them up and everything she try's to skimp on him and friend calls her out "So he's bald!! So he's fat!!!"

LOL!!!

I watched the one today where George went to the holistic healer. "What month were you born? You should have been born in August. Your parents would have been well advised to wait."

Had me rollin

10. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    LOL!!!

I watched the one today where George went to the holistic healer. "What month were you born? You should have been born in August. Your parents would have been well advised to wait."

Had me rollin
    "your eating too much dairy"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

11. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

"What about the skin? I need a good cheek...I like a good cheek."

But seriously, Power Cleans is my vote...maybe Push Press

12. I would say OverHead Military - aside from the Clean, that's the most indicative of overall body strength.

13. Maybe tricep kickbacks?

14. Front Squat

15. power clean

16. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I would say OverHead Military - aside from the Clean, that's the most indicative of overall body strength.
    Agreed. LOTS of overall core stability and full upper-body stabilizers involved in making this one work.

17. I also vote for the power clean.

18. strict standing overhead. Clean has very little to do with strength in regards to the average gym goer. Meaning someone can put alot of weight by teaching you proper form on the clean, but that is not really going to happen with the other lifters. Before i am attacked a clean is one of the best exercises going.

19. Clean and Press over Military, easily, especially if you're doing half reps, which I see a lot. C and P includes full body dynamic power and strength. Military is just a strength movement, with no lower body included, and no explosiveness included.

20. Standing Military

21. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I would say OverHead Military - aside from the Clean, that's the most indicative of overall body strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Standing Military
    Is there an echo in here?

I love ya!

22. Power Clean

23. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Is there an echo in here?

I love ya!
    You love him for what? Not making sense? How about concentration curls, they're pretty money.

24. I like clean and presses but IMO its not a good exercise to push your 1RM or encourage newbs to do so.

If its not done correctly then you can really expose your lower back and open up the door to some serious injurys.

That being said - my vote for Standing Overhead Presses FTW

25. Please explain how I didn't make sense. You can military press from the seated or standing position... and he loves me because i'm lovable.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ab exercises
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
  2. Pec Exercises
    By WannabeBatman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 10:42 PM
  3. abb exercises
    By Bigguy851 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3