Poll: What Bodyfat% Is Beneficial For Bulking

Level of Lean

1. Level of Lean

Hey guys, im running a pct now and soon will be cutting.. Assuming I dont lose any weight, which i probably will I will be sitting at 209.6lb -- 5'11.. up 23lb from my avatar.. Now, I havent put on too much fat, but I could definitely use a nice cut.. I have never been really lean 7-8%.. But i believe I have been near 10-12% before. I would really like to do so this year. What level do you guys think is Ideal for bulking.. I know that 2-6% is out of the question, as it would do more harm than good as far as bulking goes, but I would like a good opinion on this.. Thanks

2. I believe less than 12% is probably the most productive when bulking. The less bodyfat you have the less estrogen you will produce. At 10-12% i feel I have enough protection on my body and body heat to be comfortable while also have a low enough amount of fat to keep estrogen down. Anything lower than 10% i just get achy and sore to easily, like when doing squats I would get bruises when I was under 10.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    •   

3. Unbreakable

I believe that your natural bf set point is the primary constituent yet I do see some merit in the estrogenic anabolism correlation theory as well.
    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.

4. wanted to bring this back from the dead.. do u guys agree? what about upper 9%??

5. I refuse to let myself get >10% anymore while bulking. At that point, I am adding way too much and either need to clean up the diet or increase my cardio. Usually when I'm trying to add LBM, I will just add about 300kcals or so and reduce my cardio from 5-6x/wk to 3-4x/wk.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. 10% as in 10% or 10% as in up to 10.9?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doug8796 View Post
    10% as in 10% or 10% as in up to 10.9?
    9.9. I usually take body comp assessments every 3-4 weeks for myself and if it gets to 10%, then I do it again 1 week later just to see if it was an aberration or actual fat gain. Another thing that I liek to do is to go into a modest kcal surplus for 6 weeks and then go into maintenance kcals, but increase my cardio. I find that I retain my gains and keep fat gain to a minimum when doing this.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. whats the lowest you get? isnt getting to 8% bad for aches/pains?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doug8796 View Post
    whats the lowest you get? isnt getting to 8% bad for aches/pains?
    I've been at around 6% and it doesn't lead to more pain. My recovery is actually a little better because my metabolic rate is very high.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. High vitamin D level = high testosterone level
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 02:40 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM
  3. Cort control.. Endoamp, X-lean, lean Xtreme
    By dollar662 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28