Focusing on Upper Chest

Fullbrights

Awards
Need some advice guys. I could use some development in the upper chest area, is continuing to focus on incline bench/dumbbell presses the way to go?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Incline flyes, incline presses (your choice) and totally horizontal standing cable flyes.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Need some advice guys. I could use some development in the upper chest area, is continuing to focus on incline bench/dumbbell presses the way to go?
yes, use full range of motion and remember that muscle comes from sound quality nutrition, correct training is a mere part of the overall equation.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes, use full range of motion and remember that muscle comes from sound quality nutrition, correct training is a mere part of the overall equation.
Lies. Muscles come from supplements.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
The one and only.
i knew it!!!

muscletech motto is "say you take muscletech but take whatever the hell you want as long as you get big, just keep your mouth shut!"

cantstop19

Awards
you could also do bench press but lower the bar until it is about to touch your neck then raise you have def. go with a weight you know you can handle so you dont hurt yourself

Fullbrights

Awards
Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. I don't know why, but I have never really done the horizontal cable flys.

I feel like my nutrition is where it should be, but I guess it could improve. My typical diet during the day looks like this.

Breakfast: 30g Whey, bowl of oats, scoop of natural peanut butter
Mid-Morning: Apple, Cottage Cheese
Lunch: Lean meat (Chicken, Fish, 93% lean ground beef) along with a side (blackbeans, garbanzo beans) and sometimes a salad
Mid Afternoon: Banana
Pre-Workout: 20g Protein
Post-Workout: 40g Protein
Dinner: Lean meat along with a couple of sides (asparagus, sweet potato, brown rice)

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
you could also do bench press but lower the bar until it is about to touch your neck then raise you have def. go with a weight you know you can handle so you dont hurt yourself
benching to the neck requires the strictist of form and it's a good idea to use a spotter, it can be done on a smith machine however i recommend this is not an exercise for beginneers.

horizontal flies are good as is a hammer press machine if one is avaliable, my gym sucks so we don't have one of these!