dead lifts

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
can someone help me with a good dl routine. i use to do them but for some reason it felt like it wasnt doin anything. now im starting to realize my back thickness isnt happening as good as it was. (duh) I want to get started easing into it before going full blown like i use to.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
3x5, 5x5, 8x3

Pick a rep scheme and start doing them again.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
you think 8x3 will be a good one to start with?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

Depends what you base the weights on.

I think if you go that route you want your working sets in the 80-85% range of your 1RM.

If you haven't done deads in a while, I would start with a maybe 5x5 for a few weeks, each set going up in weight until:

1. your form/strength is back
2. you can fairly accurately guesstimate/calculate your 1RM.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
ill have to do that. just hope i dont tr to hard to get back to where i was

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
3 sets of 5 start at a moderate weight and just start adding weight every week. When you miss it try it again the next week, if you miss it again drop down to 3x3 at the same weight and continue. When you miss the 3x3 two weeks in a row go back to the 3x5 you missed and try again.

keyrock24

keyrock24

Awards
I use a routine similar to that up to 80% [8X3].I pyramid the weight starting at 10% at 10% at a time until get to 80% then I use a 1x1 routine like this ;

1x1 90%
1x1 95%
1x1 100%

If I feel stronger I increase the weight for a new 1RM .If I am not having a particular good day I may stop at 80% or 90%

I use a workout schedule like this ;

Monday squat day
Tuesday off day
Wednesday bench day
Thursday off day
Friday deadlift day
Saturday off day
Sunday off day

I try to do cardio every day but can't for different reasons occasionally .

On the core lift days I do the bare minimum of the supplemental and accessory exercises that involve each muscle involved in each of the corelifts .I do them with more of a bodybuilding rep and set scheme such as 4x8 .Plus I do a different ab exercise each core lift day .These are 5x25 .I was using the 4 day split Westside Barbell basic template 9 week routine .My current routine a mixture of the Westside Barbell routine and a Joe Average routine .I am just basically trying to add some size and strength for now .
I think it would depend on your goals as to what type of rep and set routine you should do .I can't compete at the time being but will later .My routine is basically a modified powerlifting routine .

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I mostly see deads recommended heavy weight low reps.

I've actually found that, if your training for hypertrophy going higher rep 7-10 is better.

Your form is better, and you can contract target muscles.

I love playing with deads and trying different things with them.