Dizziness after squats

xcfhx6604

Banned
Awards
I saw a couple of threads about being lightheaded after squats but never paid much attention. i weigh 168 and looking to put on size. i have heard the reason why i get this feeling is because of my huge breakfast. oatmeal with skim milk, bannana, fat free activia yogurt, 2 wheat bread, an apple, and eas protein shake. i do my sets as 12 10 8 4 ending with 325. if anyone will help me out i would appreciate it

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1- thats good 325 at 168.. whoa

2-im aways dizzy after squats, i doing hi rep squats
20x135
15x225
10x 225 if i can still breath

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem, I guess its normal :)

I do 3 sets of 10 @ 225lb.

Leg press does the same, must be big muscle groups... 3 sets of 10 @ 450lb.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
This is totally normal, the legs consist of large muscles (in relation to the rest of the body) and demand alot of oxygen when doing squats. This can cause a lack of oxygen to the brain which in turn causes a person to become light headed. Its perfectly normal

Rommel

Rommel

Awards
Check your placement of the Bar, if it sits to high up, it will sit wrong on your shoulderblades, and instead causes dizziness, and your body will feel numb(especielly your arms. It is caused because the bar simply is sitting your nerves in the neck.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
This is totally normal, the legs consist of large muscles (in relation to the rest of the body) and demand alot of oxygen when doing squats. This can cause a lack of oxygen to the brain which in turn causes a person to become light headed. Its perfectly normal
x2. It ain't yo' big breakfast causing it. It's just yo big legs!

Rommel

Rommel

Awards
I doubt its the oxygen, because you are doing anearob lifting(oxygen free), and not aerob(oxygen) lifting.
It should be that the pressure you have made inside of you, at every lift, simply is causing you to get dizzy. If you really would use tons of oxygen at high rep squat, your HPM(Heartbeats per Minute) Should be at 170-190.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I doubt its the oxygen, because you are doing anearob lifting(oxygen free), and not aerob(oxygen) lifting.
It should be that the pressure you have made inside of you, at every lift, simply is causing you to get dizzy. If you really would use tons of oxygen at high rep squat, your HPM(Heartbeats per Minute) Should be at 170-190.
It IS the oxygen deprivation. This is the reason for heavy breathing after a tough set of squats.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
i have heard the reason why i get this feeling is because of my huge breakfast. oatmeal with skim milk, bannana, fat free activia yogurt, 2 wheat bread, an apple, and eas protein shake. i do my sets as 12 10 8 4 ending with 325. if anyone will help me out i would appreciate it
Sometimes if you each too much, right before you workout blood is diverted to digestion instead of muscles/brain making you dizzy.

I've stopped eating whole foods within an hour of working out because of that and its made the world of difference. Yogurts fine, i would try just a bigger shake, no bread no oatmeal see how that treats you.

Also i sit down between heavy squat sets, if i didnt set down i would probly black out, which i've almost done on several occations. I've also almost threw up, but thats just when i get rediculous and dont listen to my body. You might need more water, I'll drink almost a half gallon by the time im done working out.

xcfhx6604

Banned
Awards
LOL! thanks for the input yall. my legs have always been the best for gains. if its "normal" and not gonna kill me ill put up with it. just cautious when it comes to putting a heavy weights on my back while being dizzy.....ozarka thats funny ****