How to build calf’s with Achilles tendonitis?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Ok simple put, I have Achilles Tendonitis in BOTH my legs. I can’t squat, do calf raises, or run, or many other things I want to. Point is my calf’s are dead kinda, I am getting in great shape, and they are staying behind. Even my quads are having issues. What kind of leg exercises can I get going that wont agitate my slowly healing tendons….been two months I been a gimp so far…. Anyhow, I am open for any suggestions
All my research turns up is what not to do… everything….and not what to do.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
If you rupture your achillies you will not be doing much for a year. I would let your legs heal. My gf had it from running, the answer she got from a doc, a chiro, and anyone else i asked in all fields was to pretty much let the tendonitis get better. The risk/reward is not on your calves side right now.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man... Its just so depressing. I'm unable to be rough and have that "in your face" energy boost while doing tennis or basketball, and my legs feel weak.

How long did it take your girl to heal up good?

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man... Its just so depressing. I'm unable to be rough and have that "in your face" energy boost while doing tennis or basketball, and my legs feel weak.

How long did it take your girl to heal up good?
6 months to be normal again. It got much better after 3. She got it from running and continued to run on it until it got real bad though.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
6 months to be normal again. It got much better after 3. She got it from running and continued to run on it until it got real bad though.

Ugh, yeah I got it from running, I doubled my mileage i one day like a complete retard because I was so pumped and felt so awsome at the moment....

I am about 3 months in and they are alot better, but I use a stand up forklift 8 hours a day, play Bball, softball, tennis, and weightlift(not my legs though)

I rest them, take advil with Ibu at about 200mg when needed, and Ice em after something big,if they bother me.. Also I was only getting 4 hours of sleep a night, now I am going ot be getting 8 for the next 3 months at least. :)

I just want ot be able to run and squat. the only thing Doc cleared me for leg wise is...the stationary cycle of doom! those things bore me to death....

I just got my drive, rpm, osteobolin-c, and IGF2 so I am hoping they help. well the osteobolin-c and drive that is.I was thinking the increased testosterone and GHfrom IGF2 could help a little also... But I am thinking the full nights rest will be what makes the cake.

Thanks again for the info on it, i havent found anyone else who has dealt with it or knew someone who has.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ugh, yeah I got it from running, I doubled my mileage i one day like a complete retard because I was so pumped and felt so awsome at the moment....

I am about 3 months in and they are alot better, but I use a stand up forklift 8 hours a day, play Bball, softball, tennis, and weightlift(not my legs though)

I rest them, take advil with Ibu at about 200mg when needed, and Ice em after something big,if they bother me.. Also I was only getting 4 hours of sleep a night, now I am going ot be getting 8 for the next 3 months at least. :)

I just want ot be able to run and squat. the only thing Doc cleared me for leg wise is...the stationary cycle of doom! those things bore me to death....

I just got my drive, rpm, osteobolin-c, and IGF2 so I am hoping they help. well the osteobolin-c and drive that is.I was thinking the increased testosterone and GHfrom IGF2 could help a little also... But I am thinking the full nights rest will be what makes the cake.

Thanks again for the info on it, i havent found anyone else who has dealt with it or knew someone who has.
Bro I've had it for a while. It is better then when it started but as the others have said, the key is rest and not using it while still icing and stretching. Stretching is key. When you don't use it the scar tissue may form (may) and be extremely tight. Stretch! Mine was in both ankles and was from jumping rope/boxing. It got to the point that I was really not able to do too much cardio at all.

Keep in mind that ph/ps/aas will probably make this problem worse (for most, with most compounds, it does) so limit use also.

It takes a long time and a lot of rest but its still better then becoming a chronic problem (right now my left one seems like it is almost chronic, I gotta lay off again). PT with ultrasound and cross friction massage is useful.

Be careful and good luck!

Mr.50

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Bro I've had it for a while. It is better then when it started but as the others have said, the key is rest and not using it while still icing and stretching. Stretching is key. When you don't use it the scar tissue may form (may) and be extremely tight. Stretch! Mine was in both ankles and was from jumping rope/boxing. It got to the point that I was really not able to do too much cardio at all.

Keep in mind that ph/ps/aas will probably make this problem worse (for most, with most compounds, it does) so limit use also.

It takes a long time and a lot of rest but its still better then becoming a chronic problem (right now my left one seems like it is almost chronic, I gotta lay off again). PT with ultrasound and cross friction massage is useful.

Be careful and good luck!

Mr.50

my doc. is retarded. Last time I seen him he ordered me special orthodics, been abotu month and a half now, still aint it. I have had no massage, or ultrasound.... Dont think my insurance will even cover it. Duno, I am gona call tonight or tommorow. I dont use PH, and never will use aas.

Stretching Kinda happens every dya by itself, when I do it manually I end up in bad pain, If i just warm up and start playing tennis or softball or volley or whatever ball, it does fine, and feels good for the most part.

Gyuh, maybe I should invest in one of them pesonal ultrasound machine for this, they are like 200 i think.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my doc. is retarded. Last time I seen him he ordered me special orthodics, been abotu month and a half now, still aint it. I have had no massage, or ultrasound.... Dont think my insurance will even cover it. Duno, I am gona call tonight or tommorow. I dont use PH, and never will use aas.

Stretching Kinda happens every dya by itself, when I do it manually I end up in bad pain, If i just warm up and start playing tennis or softball or volley or whatever ball, it does fine, and feels good for the most part.

Gyuh, maybe I should invest in one of them pesonal ultrasound machine for this, they are like 200 i think.
be careful with the ultrasound machine, good idea if you use i correctly. As far as the stretching goes my advice would be to rest it toally for a week. Icing and anti-inflammatories. It is important to determine if it is tendonitis or tendonosis (very different treatments). The best way to do that is see if icing and rest helps. If it doesn't then it could be tendonosis. Then really try to do a little activity to warm it up and then stretch. Even tennis softball or whatever should be avoided in the short run. Remember in extreme cases they totally immobolise the ankle joint so think about that...

good luck bro....

Mr.50

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can you do an incline treadmill? when I do my mandatory cardio that I hate so much I do it with a 15 incline and it has helped my calves.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can you do an incline treadmill? when I do my mandatory cardio that I hate so much I do it with a 15 incline and it has helped my calves.
I think incline treadmill is a great idea for building the calves but I would be really careful with respect to whatever tendonitis/tendonosis you have going on....... an incline creates a great increase in the loan on the calve muscles but also the achilles!

Mr.50

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have had this for 2 months, and I didnt do anything for the first one I think. Using ice and anti inflammatory make me feel perfectly fine, until I bend wrong or step wrong. I see a podiatrist or whatever, he took X-rays and said it was achilles tendonitis in both my legs. I wish I could get a brace to put on them, just during work that would kinda hold me up. Thats the only stress on them. When I do tennis and sofball, I feel fine...its the 8 ours of standing on them that hurt... And I cant afford to miss work, money wise.

I dont think I could do incline tread, it would hurt me some. The bike is the only thing That doesnt bother me. Also someone told me to get these hooks that hold my foot flat, so that I basically dont even use my achilles tendon...weird, but maybe...

Originally I has to miss work a couple times, and couldnt do ANYTHING for a week or two. Now its more like they are just weak and easily irritated. In an emergancy I could spring full speed or hold a full load for a short time. So its kinda like they are 60% healed ish... i think. I will have to ask my doc what to do next...if he ever does his job..

BTW I got it from running, but also because my joints are extremly flexible. My feet can basically turn sideways, My big toe has 180 degree range of motion. Thats why i need the inserts to stabalize my foot, I think he said I wouldnt be able to heal until I had them...