days rest....still sore question?

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
two days ago which would be, wednesday i hit upper body pretty hard and im still kinda sore in my chest area. you think its ok to go for it again today? or should i just wait till im not sore at all to train it again.? thanks

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I introduced dimmel deads into my routine on saturday, hammies were still sore come Wed when i had to squat and deadlift. I still squatted and deadlifted and did well. Sometimes you gotta do it, if it is a constant thing, you may be overtraining or not eating/supplementing properly.

eggplant21

eggplant21

Awards
My vote is to wait until that body part is not sore anymore. Soreness means that you are still recovering, by working out you are stopping the recovery process where it is. Allow for full recovery, then hit the muscle again.

Syn

Awards
My vote is to wait until that body part is not sore anymore. Soreness means that you are still recovering, by working out you are stopping the recovery process where it is. Allow for full recovery, then hit the muscle again.
This is correct. If your still getting sore then you haven't been lifting continuously long enough. My guess is that you take long breaks and try to make up for it with extremely long work outs. (which causes intense soreness.)

Best results are produced by daily lifting -- But you can't just decide one day to start daily lifting. You have to build up to it... which, if done properly, takes 4-6 months.

:drunk:

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
also go do a search on active recovery on elitefts.com. It works. And i am not sure what is said above about not being sore once you have been lifting a while. I have been lifting a long while and sometimes i am extremely sore the next day.

Squires

Awards
Why don't you train lower body?:good:
Good call.

For the discussion;

Try very light weights for very high reps, just to increase blood flow to the sore muscles. If it hurts to move the workload was too high or recovery (sleep and food) inadequate (some combination of the two). If it does hurt to move, don't train. Stretch the muscles, go for a walk, have a pizza, but don't lift. The session wouldn't be as worthwhile as waiting for a day or two.

Typically a body-part needs 3-4 days for complete recovery. smaller muscles can recover quicker than large ones. If the load and reps are very different; day 1, 3-5reps with 85%, day 2, 20-40reps with 30-40%, this set-up can increase training volume while aiding recovery.

timmmah is right, train something else. When all muscles are being trained the growth stimulus is much greater.