Bellybutton Pain Oh My!!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Bellybutton Pain Oh My!!

Sometimes after working out I get home and I have a pain under my bellybutton. It feels better when I stay in a crunch position. I have a feeling it's my abs because I've been slacking. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

2. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    Sometimes after working out I get home and I have a pain under my bellybutton. It feels better when I stay in a crunch position. I have a feeling it's my abs because I've been slacking. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Been checked for hernias lately?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah definitely get checked for a hernia if that keeps up.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Yea I was hoping I wouldn't hear that. It's been a long while since I felt this pain and I was going really heavy on the bb bent rows.
  5. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Yea I was hoping I wouldn't hear that. It's been a long while since I felt this pain and I was going really heavy on the bb bent rows.
    There's a LOT of things it could be... very hard to help you on a forum like this. I would play it safe and see a doctor. It's not worth the risks of not doing so.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    There's a LOT of things it could be... very hard to help you on a forum like this. I would play it safe and see a doctor. It's not worth the risks of not doing so.
    oh I plan too, I was wondering if this sort of thing was common.
  7. Syn
    Stats
    5'11"  149 lbs.
    Answers

oh I plan too, I was wondering if this sort of thing was common.
    I had a similar experience. Is the pain actually at the position of the belly button? If so i have felt the same pain after a hard lift. Had it for years though so... i'm either in big trouble or it is something few experience but is of no danger to you.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Answers

I've also occasionally experienced sharp pains in my belly button. Intuition has always told me to get checked for a hernia, glad to see that that is actually something to be concerned with. I've never had it occur without movement or last for more than a few hours, so I've never actually gone for a check. A hernia will always be painful until it's addressed, right? I'd hate to think I've had hernias and disregarded them.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I had a similar experience. Is the pain actually at the position of the belly button? If so i have felt the same pain after a hard lift. Had it for years though so... i'm either in big trouble or it is something few experience but is of no danger to you.
    Yes it is under the button, lol. It only comes after a really hard lift for me too, this time it was heavy bb bent rows without a belt. I have a feeling I didn't keep my abs tight throughout the movement.

It usually only lasts a short time, the next day I'm fine, however it did motivate me to do a full weighted, low rep ab routine the other day. I think I've neglected my abs in recent weeks causing my core to become weak.

Glad to hear I'm not alone.
  10. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    I've also occasionally experienced sharp pains in my belly button. Intuition has always told me to get checked for a hernia, glad to see that that is actually something to be concerned with. I've never had it occur without movement or last for more than a few hours, so I've never actually gone for a check. A hernia will always be painful until it's addressed, right? I'd hate to think I've had hernias and disregarded them.
    I recently had an inguinal hernia repaired. It never hurt all that bad - some days, yes, some days, no - but it sure sucks now.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 07:07 AM
  2. Pain all over
    By jmoney02 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 09:26 PM
  3. Kidney Pain or Lower Back Pain?
    By MF210 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 05:24 AM