HIIT Question - AnabolicMinds.com

HIIT Question

1. New Member
    Answers

HIIT Question

Just wanted to get your opinions on using the the track for HIIT.

For the last couple of days, I have been running the straight ways and walking the curves.

Does this qualify as HIIT somewhat? Thoughts, opinions, comments, or suggestions, I'll take what you got!

either way, in the south east texas heat, it's a good way to work up a hell of a sweat!!!!

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljannis View Post
    Just wanted to get your opinions on using the the track for HIIT.

For the last couple of days, I have been running the straight ways and walking the curves.

Does this qualify as HIIT somewhat? Thoughts, opinions, comments, or suggestions, I'll take what you got!

either way, in the south east texas heat, it's a good way to work up a hell of a sweat!!!!
    In short, yes. HIIT can be accomplished in numerous amounts of ways. It's more about the physiological principles of the exercise and how you accomplish those principles are up for creativity. One thing I'll mention, if walking the turns of the track takes you more then say 30-45 seconds, then you might be resting too long.

I'm not saying my way is the superior way, but just as an example, I run 100 to 150 yards at a time for 10-15 sets, having only 10 seconds rest between each sprint from start to finish.

3. Banned
    Answers

I get on a nice comfy bike!It baiscally has a chair instead of a seat.VERY NICE!!!Anyways I go all out for 40 seconds and take it easy for 20.I just watch the little clock and when it hits 20 seconds,I pedal like crazy!Then once it hits the next minute I take it easy untill 20 seconds again.Makes the time go by faster and it's actually challenging.I hate traditional cardio!

•   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

There's various ways to do it. I like to do about 10 sets of sprints, with a 2:1 Rest:work ratio. Look up the Tabita protocol for an intense HIIT training regime!

5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    In short, yes. HIIT can be accomplished in numerous amounts of ways. It's more about the physiological principles of the exercise and how you accomplish those principles are up for creativity. One thing I'll mention, if walking the turns of the track takes you more then say 30-45 seconds, then you might be resting too long.

I'm not saying my way is the superior way, but just as an example, I run 100 to 150 yards at a time for 10-15 sets, having only 10 seconds rest between each sprint from start to finish.
    You do Tabata??

You're a sick ****!!
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

6. New Member
    Answers

One thing I'll mention, if walking the turns of the track takes you more then say 30-45 seconds, then you might be resting too long.

to be honest, never really timed it. I'm not a sprinter by any means. And by a mile and half of straights and curves, i'm wiped.

I will for sure try and pay more attention to my times though.

7. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You do Tabata??

You're a sick ****!!

I started out doint Tabata with 15 lb dumbells doing a squat press. My wife kept time for me. I think she laughed harder than I worked from me panting and screaming.

But Tabata is a great way to get a quick burn in. But Rodja is right, you have to be slightly off in the mind to do it again and again.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question about HIIT
    By W13NY in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 06:41 PM
  2. HIIT question
    By exzile in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
  3. Hiit question
    By cmp007 in forum Weight Loss