knee problem...any insight?

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
Bout a year ago I was squatting when I was going for a really difficult last rep of the set. I completed it, but felt a sharp pain in my knee. It was not excruciating, but something in the knee was not right. The feeling lasted a few days, but I was able to train the next week with a dull ache. Ever since I have always had an ache in that knee and it feels uncomfortable. It goes away after a few sets of squats and only returns about 5 days after leg day....and the process repeats.

I think I may have damaged something with the original injury, but I'm not sure what it could be and how severe. Any ideas? I am only 20 and have been training for 3 years. I don't want this to impede on my lifting as time goes on because I am only 3 years into a lifelong journey.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Other than going to a doc and getting it checked out. I would watch your squat form.

Make sure you are "sitting back" into your squat. Make sure your knees don't go in front of your heels. If this is troublesome at first. Move to a ball and put it against a wall and lean into it with your feet pretty far out and get your form down pat. Add DB's to even to some work as you work on form.