shoulders: front raise , side raise, shoulder press
tri's : skull crush, dips

thursday: squats, lunges, deadlifts, leg press, calves

fri: bi's.. hammer, forearm curls , concentration curls

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
You might be working out too much. Get an OFF day in there. I'm changing my workout routine (again) to On/Off/On/Off/On/Off/etc

If you aren't recovering, you'll not only not grow, you could overtrain and lose mass.

eggplant21

eggplant21

Awards
I agree with papapumpsd, you might be overtraining. Especially after the day when you do squats and deadlift in the same workout you might want to have a rest day. I'm only training 2-3 times a week, less than an hour each workout, and I'm having some great lean mass gains.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
It all depends on your intensity. If you are training very intense, you are definitely overtraining. If your just kinda throwing some weight on there that feels comfortable, your likely fine. However, I wouldn't recommend training "half-a$$". If your gonna do it, do it right.

Before I go futher, what are your goals?

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
It all depends on your intensity. If you are training very intense, you are definitely overtraining. If your just kinda throwing some weight on there that feels comfortable, your likely fine. However, I wouldn't recommend training "half-a$$". If your gonna do it, do it right.

Just to get bigger and see results. Mainly chest, shoulders, back, arms and abbs. I am an ectomorph so muscle is difficult. Just trying to see find the happy medium between working out and getting the most out of it. It's hard to pin point my diet and workout routine.

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards

based on your picture, that would be my goal to be honest. My stomach also seems to want to protrude and I haven't figured out what makes it do this.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
K. I would aim for probably 3500 clean calories per day right now. Try to attempt to get ~300g of protein in per day if you get 250 some days that is totally fine. But just try to always get something in your body that is high in protein and very lean.

Eat VERY frequently ----> 6-8 times per day is IDEAL. And that is really the only way you can get all your protein in. For lifting, look into "Westside for Skinny Bastards" ... google it. Read a lot man, reading is power.

As far as calories go try to aim for 40-40-20. Making sure those carbs are ONLY whole grain/wheat, and fats are all healthy.

You can do it man, just takes time. In that avy pic I was around 210 - 10% bodyfat.

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
Do you keep that bodyfat and physic consisently? Is it possible to? Perhaps it's just the right diet and workout program enabling you to keep your body at that point consistently? What is your body type?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I keep this bodyfat consistently, yes. Its all about diet (self-control). Really if everything else is in line with your diet, the way you look can be determined my increasing/decreasing carbs. At this point, my protein/fat doesn't change at all. If I want to lean up a tad I cut the carbs by about 100g/day. If I want to make sure there is a very friendly enviroment for adding LBM then I increase them a bit.

My bodytype is Ecto/Meso.

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
would you mind enlightening me of your diet and what it consists of and how often you eat and when you eat certain foods. Sorry to ask so much, I nearly feel like getting a diet plan, then just add more calories, carbs and keeping it completely lean. I don't have my body down to a science yet. My workout routine I think is getting close, it's just my diet.

Since you have ecto, what is your workout routine and how hard do you workout. I feel when i'm at the gym, I want to do so much but I know it's a slippery slope regarding the more you workout doesn't necessarily mean more results.