Looking for the Best 5X5 program.

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.78%

Looking for the Best 5X5 program.

Ok so after looking on the web I found numerous 5X5 workout programs but all were different. Does anyone here have or know of a solid detailed 5X5 workout schedule. what Iam concerned about is what to do on the days that Im not training my chest? or some of these only have about 3 exercises per day? and some say to use the same weight for all 5 sets, some say to go up in weight each set, and some are split. Im just overall confused a little bit and in need of a little assistance. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Chris

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

I had great success with Bill Starr's 5x5 routines in terms of strength and size gains.Do a google for his routine.It should lead you to geocities/elitemadcow.
    A little dreaming with Finaflex's G8 & BCAA+SAA
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/257353-little-dreaming-finaflexs.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.91%

Quote Originally Posted by KrunkChris View Post
    Ok so after looking on the web I found numerous 5X5 workout programs but all were different. Does anyone here have or know of a solid detailed 5X5 workout schedule. what Iam concerned about is what to do on the days that Im not training my chest? or some of these only have about 3 exercises per day? and some say to use the same weight for all 5 sets, some say to go up in weight each set, and some are split. Im just overall confused a little bit and in need of a little assistance. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Chris
    Most of them depend on how much experience you have.
    If you are just starting out the stronglifts beginner is a great program. There is also a stronglifts intermediate once you finish the beginner. If you have been lifting a while you might want to look at the Madcow or the Texas programs. Both are based on the original Bill Starr.
    Most beginner programs use the same weight for all 5 sets for simplicity. When you go to the more advanced programs you will have recovery days that use the same weight for all sets and intensity days the the weight increases each set.
    Also most programs alternate bench and overhead press in an A/B fashion. Both excersises use the same muscles just not as directly. The reason for the limited number of excersises is to keep you from overtraining. 3 sets of squats a week with increasing weight for 25 reps can take a toll.
    I have several spreadsheets for the different programs that you just plug your starting weights in and it figures out the progression for you. If you want them send me a PM with your e-mail and I will shoot them over.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

I've used this one for awhile with good success http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek22.htm
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.91%

Quote Originally Posted by dawaro View Post
    I have several spreadsheets for the different programs that you just plug your starting weights in and it figures out the progression for you. If you want them send me a PM with your e-mail and I will shoot them over.
    For those that are interested. Here is the excel template file for different HST type and 5x5 type routines. These have all been copied from other sources and most are still in the original format.
    At the bottom left corner of the excel window you will see different tabs for the programs.
    It includes:
    HST - Compound Lifts & A/B Routine
    Max-Stim - Compound & A/B Routine
    Stronglifts - Beginner & Advanced
    The Texas Method
    Madcow Beginner & Advanced
    Plus a rep calculator and tracking sheet.

When I get a chance I will add the other 5x5's like Eclipse, original Bill Starr, etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.84%

bump this is awesome for everyone to download.
    these programs are all excellent!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with program
    By Dman07 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 11:01 AM
  2. M1T Program
    By cambiocorsa13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 11:20 PM
  3. Help with new program
    By JerseyJoe in forum Training Forum