tweaked my shoulder, rotator cuff?

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
its been about 4 days since i really started to feel it, after a fairly intense chest workout. i always warm up my shoulder & stretch out my chest before chest workouts...

the pain is not bad at all, it just feels tweaked...especially when i move my arm around or push my finger into the 'black dot' on the picture. the black dot is the focal point, and the red is where it radiates out.

basically i dont wanna F my rotator cuff, and wanna know if i should just ice it and work through it or leave it alone till it feels better?

Attachments

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
It may very well be your rotator cuff. I would rest it for a few days as well as ice it. If it feels fine then slowly get back into lifting shoulders and chest. If pain persists or comes back then you may want to have it checked by a doctor.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
It may very well be your rotator cuff. I would rest it for a few days as well as ice it. If it feels fine then slowly get back into lifting shoulders and chest. If pain persists or comes back then you may want to have it checked by a doctor.

k. ill start icing it up and take a week off chest/shoulder. any other exercises i should be avoiding?

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
k. ill start icing it up and take a week off chest/shoulder. any other exercises i should be avoiding?
You should be able to continue any other exercise but if you feel any pain from a certain exercise then I would suggest stop doing it or drop down the weight used.

Thixotrope

Thixotrope

Awards
When I tore my rotator cuff it almost felt like my rear delt was torn. The doctor made me do a test to determine initially if it was my RC.

Stand with the injured side of you body flush with the wall. Your body should be perpendicular to the wall. With you hand by your side try to do a lateral raise "through" the wall. If you feel pain, its your RC. If not it's probably just a front delt issue. I've had those before too. I took a week off of chest and the next chest session I did high rep/light weight. After that no more problems.

Try eating tons of Vitamin C, Glucosamine and Chondroitin and Glutamine to aid in recovery too.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
When I tore my rotator cuff it almost felt like my rear delt was torn. The doctor made me do a test to determine initially if it was my RC.

Stand with the injured side of you body flush with the wall. Your body should be perpendicular to the wall. With you hand by your side try to do a lateral raise "through" the wall. If you feel pain, its your RC. If not it's probably just a front delt issue. I've had those before too. I took a week off of chest and the next chest session I did high rep/light weight. After that no more problems.

Try eating tons of Vitamin C, Glucosamine and Chondroitin and Glutamine to aid in recovery too.
Thanks for adding in your more advanced advice. I was thinking of how to explain what else it could be but decided not too. You are right though, it could be a front deltoid injury which depending on where the pain is will determine the problem.