Undulating periodization, sort of.. Check this por favor!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Well, I would really like to attach this in an excel document, but I can't seem to find that option on the upload page, so..

Day 1: Rep scheme of 4x4
BB Bench
BB Rows
BB Sh. Press
Wide-grip Lat Pulldowns
Close-Grip Bench
High Pull
Abs

Day 2: Rep scheme of 2x8 + 1x10-12
Front Squats
Lunges
Supine Hip Extension with Leg Curl
Calves
Abs

Day 3: Rep scheme of 2x8 + 1x8-12
DB Bench
Cable Rows
DB Sh. Press
Wide-grip Pullups (supinated or pronated, depending on how it goes)
Close-grip Bench on Smith Machine
Upright Rows
Abs

Day 4: Rep scheme of 4x4
Squat
Lunges
Leg Curls
Calves
Abs

Workouts done on M,W,F with 15-30 mins of cardio at the end of each workout. Since it's a 4 day workout and I'm only working out 3 days per week I'll just be cycling through it throughout the weeks, which I think is best just so ya know. Oh, and none of the rep schemes apply to abs, just to note. And on upper body days each exercise is supersetted with the one below it, excluding abs.

Now, what do you guys think? Solid?

Last edited:
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How exactly are you running this program, EoD?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
How exactly are you running this program, EoD?
Pretty much.. It's actually M,W,F.

Oh, and it might be important to note that on upper body days each exercise is supersetted with the one below it, excluding abs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's an odd program. Why not have strength and hypertrophy in the same WO. For example, do 5x5 on Bench and BB Rows and then do 3x10-12 on the other lifts.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
It's an odd program. Why not have strength and hypertrophy in the same WO. For example, do 5x5 on Bench and BB Rows and then do 3x10-12 on the other lifts.
I don't think that'd fit my goals very well. The main reason behind doing it the way I've got listed is to implement periodization so that I don't get used to the same rep scheme. I've done the same thing for far too long, and I feel that this sort of program would be one that I could do for a pretty darn long amount of time before building up any true adaptation to it.