Tentative Future Routine; Good?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
DAY 1: Chest and Tris (Secondary Shoulders)

Incline Bench
2xwarmup
3x10,8,6

Bench
2xwarmup
3x10,8,6

Weighted Dips
3x12,10,8

Rope Ext
3x12,10,8

DAY 2: Back, Bis, and Hams

Deadlifts
2xwarmup
3x8
1x6
1x4

Rows
1x warmup
3x 10, 8, 6

Pullups
3xfailure

BB Curls
3x 12, 10, 8

Hamstring Curls
4x 12, 10, 8, 6

DAY 3: Shoulders, Quads, and Abs

Jerk Clean Press
2x warmup
3x 12, 10, 8

Squats OR Leg Extensions/Sled
5x15,12,12,10,10 for squats OR Sled 4x12,10, 8, 6 one leg and 3x12 one leg ext.

Lunges
2x24 weighted

2xdecline situps to failure
2x20 v-up rollups
2x leg raises to failure

DAY 4: Cardio/Rest

DAY 5: Rest

Repeat*

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
If for your clean and jerk you are doing the full motion everytime I would drop the rep range a lot, That exercise is extremely fatiguing to your body and you will lose your coordination after a few hard reps. If anything I would do like 6 x 3 or 5 x 5 for these. Also since you are going on a five day rotation why not try :
Chest
Back
Rest
Legs
Rest
Repeat.
Other than that everything looks solid.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make a routine where each session is not just one type of motion (e.g. flexion or extension). By that I mean pair antagonists with each other instead of using just the same motion throughout each session. Also, bring up your leg volume a lot.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
thanks, y'all. i'll definitely take your input into consideration and likely incorporate it into this regimen for the future. this is kind of your standard push/pull routine, and i've done it before. perhaps the changes you guys suggested will be welcome, er...unwelcome (that's what we want), to my body when i do the routine. revision will come later or tomorrow.

redfox44

Awards
the first two days of your routine aren't bad. however, i have to question the 3rd day. like a previous member posted, something like heavy full cleans is brutal. then you want to go to squats, then lunges? I would really have to question your ability to lift with a high intensity (true failure) level with these exercises. Just after some heavy sets of squats i want to throw up. I never understood people who can do squats and then like 5 other exercises. the only way is that they can't be going to max intensity or even close to failure.

I recommend limiting your 3rd day to either squats or cleans, not both.

redfox44

Awards
i meant to also add, that if you can actually do that many reps (ass to the floor squats, none of that 3 inches down bullshit) with squats (15, 12, 12, 10, 10) at a high intensity, that is ALL that you need on that day for legs. Try it, that many reps, going to true failure, you will need a barf bag when you are done.