advice on a new routine for summer

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my workout was adjusted according to monday and wensday class, but schools out now till late aug

i want a routine that force my arms/delts to grow. since they are lagging, last summer it was legs.. i sqauted 2x a week..ie (1)full hi rep leg workout ,(2) squat and or leg ext for low reps

heres whats ive been doing

warmup-chin up/pull up

sun-delts/chest

tue-BACK,, always tryed to hit 4 lifts for with and 4 for thickness

thu-quads/ham

Friday-arms

Sat- open in case i missed a workout

i know all you guys have myspace.. so myspace.com/h5llidae

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Personally I don't think small body parts like arms need a full day of their own. Second, I feel you are doing way too much for your back. When I first started lifting I always thought most was better. I wanted to do every lift possible for a given body part. All I achieved was overtraining and stagnation.

Something like this would be better (I feel) open to interpretation and comments/adjustments:

Monday: Chest Tris

Tues: Back Bis

Wed. Legs/Delts

Thurs: Arms; either less volume increased poundages, or less weight and higher reps. Just something different from mon and tues' workout.

Hope that helps!

Peace, Love and Chicken Grease!

eggplant21

eggplant21

Awards
I like the split you have except that you are doing a bit much for back. I would go down to 2 for width and 2 for thickness and really bump up intensity for those sets. Since you are looking to increase the size of your arms, it is a good idea to give them their own day. And for delts hit lots of dumbell military and an exercise that I have found to stimulate much growth, cable lateral raises. Give everything plenty of rest and work hard and you will grow. Good luck.

eggplant21

eggplant21

Awards
i just love back day.... ROWS are fun..
I know the feeling, back day is awesome, but honestly, since I have gone lower volume and higher intensity my back has grown alot. Plus this means you can go even heavier, which I've found always makes stuff more fun!

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i cant do delts and legs.. AFTER I KILLS my legs im done...

i was speaking to some "ANIMALS" they saying i should try delts/ arm twice a week

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sun- delt/chest
mon-leg
tue-rest
wen-arms/delt
thu-back
fri-arm/polys
sat-off

FEEL FREE TO EDIT

LSU Gladiator

LSU Gladiator

Awards
No delts on leg day, no ANYTHING on leg day. You've already got the right idea.

You seem to already know how to prioritize your weak spots, since you've done weak point training before.

A day for arms by themselves is a good idea. 2-3 exercises for each muscle group. Take notes from Arnold and experiment with force reps, partials, negatives, etc. Maybe for every other arm workout, do them to complete and utter failure.

For delts, you absolutely have to do lateral raises. LR's will give you boulder shoulders. Do them on shoulder day, and a set here or there during the week as you find the time.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No delts on leg day, no ANYTHING on leg day. You've already got the right idea.

You seem to already know how to prioritize your weak spots, since you've done weak point training before.

A day for arms by themselves is a good idea. 2-3 exercises for each muscle group. Take notes from Arnold and experiment with force reps, partials, negatives, etc. Maybe for every other arm workout, do them to complete and utter failure.

For delts, you absolutely have to do lateral raises. LR's will give you boulder shoulders. Do them on shoulder day, and a set here or there during the week as you find the time.
define LR.. i dont a bunch of LR, but i dont know the names of them... what ones do u think are the best?

LSU Gladiator

LSU Gladiator

Awards
Like dumbbell vs. cable vs. machine?

I typically do them with dumbbell, but you can experiment to see what you like. Variety is a good thing.

Syn

Awards
It depends; if you’re solely interested in hypotrophy then your workouts have to be designed accordingly.

To build Muscle:

Don’t **** around with every lift possible. You will find that is one of the worst ways to start lifting.

For all lifts, use these training objectives and variables – The variables will change every day.

Intensity: 80-100%
Weight: 5RM
Reps: 1-10
Sets (volume): 5-15

Keep your contraction speed slow or moderate; also very isokinetic (smooth). Get a Negative or two in on your LAST set. The Negative will help improve your lift weight slightly.

As for the lifts, do standard core lifts: All Dumbbells, I don’t advocate bars because they subconsciously favor and build your strong side faster.

Based on a Five day lifting schedule… Start each workout with 10 minutes on the elliptical, this will sever as a good warm-up. Additionally, before each lift… complete a warm-up lift and stretches pertaining to them as well – Stretching should be dynamic (or Static) and not ballistic, if a partner is present (recommended) then use PNF stretching techniques.

Day One: Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Tries, Curls, Rows

Day Two: Squat (With bar), Dead lift (With bar), Calves, lunges, leg press

Day Three: Decline bench, Lat pull-down, Cords, Rev-curls

Day Four: Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Tries, Curls, Rows

Day Five: Squat (With bar), Dead lift (With bar), Calves, lunges, leg press

Ending with a cool-down set of lifts and another 10 minutes on the elliptical would be best but not always necessary.

Send me a private message if you want me to elaborate on anything.