Forced Time Off

elwom08

Awards
After doing much research on it and consulting a urologist, I will be getting a varicocele removed next week. I hear this might be able to boost testosterone and at any rate isn't going to hurt, except it will be about 3 weeks - a month before i can train again, possibly longer for really intense workouts depending how i recover. I was wondering what would help me maintain muscle mass in this time off? I'm an ectomorph so I don't keep it on very easy, anybody have any advice? And on a side note, has anybody had a varicocele removed and know anything about what scarring I can expect (it's being done by incision not embolism)?

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I had one removed about two years ago.. My testicle was atrophied so the urologist thought it was pretty important to remove it. I forget how long they told me not to lift for but I only waited two weeks, and then I was lifting light again for a couple weeks before i returned to full intensity. If they do the type of varicocelectomy they did for mine they will make an 1 1/2 -2 inch incision by the side of the base of your penis. For me it was kinda painfull, but it was more uncomfortable than anything. I had to wear a jockstrap to support my swollon scrotum for a week. It really was pretty nasty. My scrotum was like black and blue and it was hard. It was very strange, but once the swelling goes does you don't need the jock strap anymore and it's not too bad..

Taking a couple weeks off wont be that bad. It shouldn't be nearly as bad as having mono and not lifting or eating right for 2-3 months.

beckerj

Awards
I had mine done Dec 14 2008 .... I was done using Micro Surgery which I HIGHLY recomend .... As for the results do not expect much unless you are very young .... I am 36 and had mine done hoping to correct my T level which was LOW-NORMAL .... After three months of healing I was still only 293 (241-827) I am now on Androgel at 4 pumps a day .... I am getting my T level checked in the next week or so ....

beckerj

Awards
I had my T checked and it is through the roof ....

735 (241-827)
27.6 Free (8.7-25.1)

I feel really well .... ED is still present but I think it is getting better ....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had my T checked and it is through the roof ....

735 (241-827)
27.6 Free (8.7-25.1)

I feel really well .... ED is still present but I think it is getting better ....

Get your e2 levels checked, fixing this should also help fix ED.

beckerj

Awards
Estradiol 26 (3-70)

Is this a good number you think ? It is almost middle of the road ....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah, it looks perfect. did you specify 'estradiol ultrasensitive' on your test?

It may just be a matter of time till things get better, but you may need to look deeper (dhea-s, progesterone, prolactin, etc). Your numbers are looking really good though.

beckerj

Awards
GREAT ! Thanks .... YEah I am thinking it is a time thing .... 30 Days at 6 pumps gave me the numbers .... I have been on it since April 4, but middle of May I ran out and was without for nearly two weeks .... HELL !!!!

Doc dosed me up to 6 pumps and am building a bit of a reserve now that my numbers are up a bit .... So i have been downing my dose to 5 here and there ....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you on hcg? if you add that to the mix, you should see even more improvement overall

beckerj

Awards
you on hcg? if you add that to the mix, you should see even more improvement overall
Yeah .... I saw a new Endo on Monday .... He is not up on TRT .... So he is going to get with some of his colleauges and see if there is one he can refer me to .... I would like to add HCG in, but you know how that goes .... It took me months to even get the Androgel ....