Strength Training: Barbell or Dumbbell?
- 05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
- 05-12-2008, 08:23 PM
dumbells will help with any strength disparity between your left or right side.
barbells will hellp you lift more weight.
- 05-12-2008, 10:08 PM
05-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Both because you need to develop the primary muscles and the stabilizers. Plus they add variety to your routine.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
05-12-2008, 10:39 PM
05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
i switch it up just so i wont have the same w/o normally ill do flat bench press with the bar and inclinde dumbell press, or switch it same for shoulder routines
05-13-2008, 12:04 AM
05-13-2008, 12:06 AM
05-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Well I'm training for mostly for strength and to get bigger overall; when I'm doing workouts like bent over rows and such with dumbbells, it always feels easier than if I was lifting the same weight on a barbell.
05-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Bile12345 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 11Last Post: 06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
- By jeremysipple in forum Workout LogsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-29-2009, 06:41 PM
- By iron addict in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 15Last Post: 10-03-2009, 11:38 PM
- By Dadof2 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 16Last Post: 06-27-2009, 08:38 PM
- By Nicolai in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 10Last Post: 03-16-2003, 01:15 PM