Strength Training: Barbell or Dumbbell?
- 05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
- 05-12-2008, 08:23 PM
dumbells will help with any strength disparity between your left or right side.
barbells will hellp you lift more weight.
05-12-2008, 10:08 PM
05-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Both because you need to develop the primary muscles and the stabilizers. Plus they add variety to your routine.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
05-12-2008, 10:39 PM
05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
i switch it up just so i wont have the same w/o normally ill do flat bench press with the bar and inclinde dumbell press, or switch it same for shoulder routines
05-13-2008, 12:04 AM
05-13-2008, 12:06 AM
05-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Well I'm training for mostly for strength and to get bigger overall; when I'm doing workouts like bent over rows and such with dumbbells, it always feels easier than if I was lifting the same weight on a barbell.
05-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By ritampatra in forum Weight LossReplies: 17Last Post: 12-13-2015, 09:38 AM
- By benjiman in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 02-15-2011, 11:43 AM
- By Iron Warrior in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 04-19-2004, 06:43 PM
- By Nicolai in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 03-16-2003, 01:15 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 02-17-2003, 07:52 PM