6 day a week routine any one have?

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
Any one have a 6 day a week weight lifting routine? Id rather go to the gym then be off for more then one day, because I like going and it just doesnt seem right if I dont go!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Legs, Arms, Back, Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Off?

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
Any one have a 6 day a week weight lifting routine? Id rather go to the gym then be off for more then one day, because I like going and it just doesnt seem right if I dont go!
If you like going to the gym you could always do cardio on non-weight days. I do full body work outs M-W-F and when I am not actively trying to gain weight I do cardio & core work T-T-S. The cardio intensity will depend on your goals but if you are looking for an excuse to be in the gym it is a good one.

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - Back
Day 2 - Chest
Day 3 - rest (cardio/abs)
Day 4 - Legs/Bi's
Day 5 - Shoulders/Tri's
Day 6 - rest (cardio/abs)
(repeat)

While this isn't probably what you were thinking, this 2 on, 1 off routine is my current routine. I typically do cardio/abs on one of the other days as well. It's usually basketball or some other sport anyways. I'm in the gym usually 6 days a week...but lift 4 or 5.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
You can do either a normal push pull, or upper lower split and just do different rep ranges.
Monday - Push 6x3 for all exercises
Tuesday- Pull 6x3 for all exercises
Wednesday - push 3x8
Thursday - pull 3x8
Friday Push 2x15
Sat. Pull- 2x15
Sunday- sleep and eat

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
You can do either a normal push pull, or upper lower split and just do different rep ranges.
Monday - Push 6x3 for all exercises
Tuesday- Pull 6x3 for all exercises
Wednesday - push 3x8
Thursday - pull 3x8
Friday Push 2x15
Sat. Pull- 2x15
Sunday- sleep and eat
what do you mean? I dont understand lol

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking about starting this
monday: chest/tri
tuesday:legs
wednesdays:eek:ff
thursday:shoulders/forearm
friday:bi/back
saturday:start over( chest/tri)
sunday:legs
monday:shoulders/ forearms
tuesday:bi back
wednesday off
thursday chest/tri
etc
what you guys think? I just want to work out my muscle groups more then once a week like 3 times every 2 weeks.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
what do you mean? I dont understand lol
Push exercises are anything where you push away from your body. Examples include squats, military press, bench press, dips, leg press. etc
Pull exercises are where you do just the opposite of push. Examples include dead lift, rowing variations, pull-ups, chin ups-, curls etc

So for each day you would do something like this for push:
Squats 6x3 or 3x8 or 2x15
shoulder press 6x3 or 3x8 or 2x15
bench press 6x3 or 3x8 or 2x15
dips 6x3 or 3x8 or 2x15

anatolian

Awards
I like to to do shoulders, chest, triceps and some neck work on Mon. and back, legs, biceps and some calf and forearm work on Tues. I will do 1 compound movement for each in a 3x3 or 5x5 scheme. Wed. I will do some cardio and Thurs. start over with Mon. parts but do assistance work (alot of db's) higher reps and not quite to failure focusing alot on form and contraction. Fri is the same as Thurs. just the Tues. body parts and Sat. and Sun. are spent maintaining my food and just doing whatever my weekend chores are but no gym time.
This has done wonders for me, the workouts take less than an hour but you are doing something all week long and if you wanted to you could even start over during the weekend I am sure. I have good energy during the weekend but I am usually in the country or the beach and I am always doing outside work so I dont bother to lift because I have tried and just felt like I was asking to much of myself.

Thixotrope

Thixotrope

Awards
I stole this from Markus Ruhl...

Monday-Chest
Tuesday-Back
Wednesday-Legs
Thursday-Shoulders
Friday-Biceps
Saturday-Triceps
Sunday-Rest