- 05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Most everyone talks about doing deadlifts in their HST routines, and most do them after squats in their orders of excercises performed. Are we talking about stiff-legged deadlifts for the hams or are we talking about a$$ down deadlifts? And if its a$$ down, should I be alternating those BETWEEN squat sessions (say Mon and Fri squats, Wed-deads???) or doing them regularly after squats (just seems a little redundant, but thats why Im asking).
Ive been lifting for 20 years, but Im starting my first ever HST cycle on Monday. (Im SDing right now). I appreciate anyone taking the time for any input/advice!
- 05-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Do your Squats and Deads on Opposite workouts as you proposed.
The SLDL can be done following the Squat or Dead, just be careful of the lower back.
05-02-2008, 07:39 AM
05-02-2008, 07:45 AM
05-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks to both of you for the input, and I did check out Celc5's threads...thanks for that! I think that it makes more sense to just do squats for now with SLDL for the hams. Most people doing HST say KEEP IT SIMPLE, so thats what Im going to try!
05-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Just watch out for your knees getting sore towards then end of the 5's. Squatting heavy three times a weeks can be rough on them sometimes.
05-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I wonder if a set of deads could replace the trap work?
Similar Forum Threads
- By theromanone in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2012, 12:08 PM
- By micjakson in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 07-09-2007, 12:14 PM
- By meb019 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 05-23-2007, 12:58 PM
- By pudzian2 in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 05-03-2007, 08:40 AM
- By theshocker21 in forum Training ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 06-16-2006, 03:52 PM