What is your definition of high frequency training?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
What do you consider high frequency training? Muscle group twice a week? After 2 days rest?

What do you think?:bow28:

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on what the workout was each time. Two heavy days close together tends to mess with my tendons. If I ever do a lagging muscle group twice in a week, I make sure one day is for heaviness and nerve stimulation, and the next is high rep dropset growth hormone and bloodflow stimulation. Two high rep days close together, and you won't see a lot of fiber anabolism. Two heavy rep days close together and you might pay Mr. Tendinitis a visit for a few days.

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
What do you consider high frequency training? Muscle group twice a week? After 2 days rest?

What do you think?:bow28:
I do full body workouts 3x a week with a day off in between and then take the weekend off.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
high frequency training for me is doing legs/back and chest/shoulders twice a week. i would plateau very fast doing this or run the risk of overtraining, but i figured out how to cheat - for me at least.

M - legs/back (dumbells and single leg movements only)
T - chest/shoulders (barbell only)
W - bi's/tri's (mix of everything)
Th - legs/back (barbell only)
F - chest/shoulders (dumbell only)

i had to space the barbells around my arm days since dumbell days beat my arms up. with barbells, not so much.