Question for Anyone Inked?

kickinhigh

Awards
How long after you got a tattoo did you start lifting again? I got one last week around my arm...not sure when it would be ok to lift again.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Just keep it moisturized and clean. I lifted a few days after I got mine. The only thing you wanna watch for is when it scabs over, you don't wanna crack the scab once it hardens - then your tat goes to ****.

kickinhigh

Awards
Just keep it moisturized and clean. I lifted a few days after I got mine. The only thing you wanna watch for is when it scabs over, you don't wanna crack the scab once it hardens - then your tat goes to ****.
Yeah..that's the thing (about it scabbing) I am not sure if it is/have yet. I have two others, but I got them when I was a teen, and I don't remember much about the healing process. It has already peeled...

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
As far as I remember, mine peeled, but then the skin under the peeled part got hard (scabbed) and thats the part I was worried about crackin'

I'd just lotion the **** outta' it if I were you, and go for it. (you can always do touch ups)

kickinhigh

Awards
As far as I remember, mine peeled, but then the skin under the peeled part got hard (scabbed) and thats the part I was worried about crackin'

I'd just lotion the **** outta' it if I were you, and go for it. (you can always do touch ups)
Thank you....will do...

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i've gotten tatted then lifted right after. No need to wait until you can lift again.