p90x what do you think

nicktorres81

Awards
i have a newborn at home. Work graves. I dont have time to go to the gym on a consistent basis anymore (last 5 weeks).
so considering trying some home work outs. has anybody used or know of this program? your Thoughts?

merph

merph

Awards
Its good if your just looking to stay in shape. Its not much for building muscle. I had a friend do it and he leaned out but he wasn't looking to get any bigger. Its basically just a workout that changes every so often. Imo your better off to save your money and make something up as you go.

bryan4592

Awards
It looks as though it is pretty effective. It has a solid method behind it, but, you could probably make something up that would work at home and cost almost nothing. But, if cost isn't really an issue, it looks solid.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
go to home depot or lowes and buy a bunch of **** and create your own home gym. Cement blocks, bags of sand, duffle bags filled with heavy ****. If you're handy with wood you could build some sweet stuff. Then just buy a 45# oly bar and some cheap ass plates and you're all set.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
good advice rugger, but it might be impractical to have cinderblocks and chunks of wood laying around, even in a garage.

i am using p90x right now, and i can tell you, it is killer so far. i wouldn't look to pack on slabs of mass with this workout, but it will put you in overall good shape. i'm already feeling better than before and i'm only in week 2. the pullups and plyometrics are where it's at.

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
I tried the other day when my buddy told me about. I'm used to free weights and gyms but some of the stuff definitely put me out of my comfort zone. I don't usually do an abdominal routine, that hurts. And the have moves I have never tried before. I like that they used closed chains exercises a lot. (push up, pulls up) I know big guys that have a real hard time with wide grip chins, this program will solve that issue. It seems very promising and you don't need much as far as equipment goes. It uses proven techniques that I have learned in a few of my classes. Similar to mesocycles.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
go to home depot or lowes and buy a bunch of **** and create your own home gym. Cement blocks, bags of sand, duffle bags filled with heavy ****. If you're handy with wood you could build some sweet stuff. Then just buy a 45# oly bar and some cheap ass plates and you're all set.

We did sh8t like that in Iraq and did basic lifting and crossfit.

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Um torrent sites perhaps, get workout vids free(am I allowed to post this?).

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can get workouts from crossfit.com

It's a similar concept

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have the entire program on a zip file if ur interested

Shai An

Shai An

Awards
Um torrent sites perhaps, get workout vids free(am I allowed to post this?).
i have the entire program on a zip file if ur interested
What the f†ck is wrong with you guys? People went through a lot of time, effort and money to put this program together. If you're gonna use it, BUY it and support them! :nono:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Screw that share it

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Exactly, I would have been very pissed off if I had purchased that program. Come on its on TV all day ($$$ to put that on there). Nothing wrong with sharing it with your friends. Learn as much as you can(research), find a good program online or in a magazine or something and modify it for a custom fit with your new found knowledge.