Best Workout For Fat Loss

1bigtexan

Awards
I know the diet needs to be good, but what workout should I try?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Im guessing since your weight says 330 that your looking for a significant amount of weight loss?

The best workout plan ive even found has been consistancy. Just go to the gym. In your case i would go 5 days a week, mon-fri. Lift weight 3 of those days, do at least 30min of cardio everyday. On the days you dont lift just hook up to your favorite cardio machine for like an hour on low. As long as you keep goin you'll see a difference rigtht away no matter what your doin.

If farther down the road you want to lets say up your bench/squat etc, then theres specific routines for that.

1bigtexan

Awards
How long do you think I could get to 275. Realistically.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do heavy compound lifts at a fast pace. Make sure you're huffing and/or puffing at the end of each set. The fat will melt away with such exercises as: Clean, Clean and push-press, one-arm dumbbell snatch, squat, front squat, deadlift, and bench. Keep the workouts short (less than an hour) with high intensity (lift heavy and only have 1-2 minute breaks between sets). And minimize carbohydrate intake after 6 P.M., preferably with most of your daily carbs centered around pre and post workout meals. This is a fail-proof plan with or without the accompaniment of cardio.

Bicep curls and tricep extensions and any exercise of the like won't do crap for your goals, they're simply wasted time and energy.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How long do you think I could get to 275. Realistically.
That depends 100% on your diet, but if you have a nearly flawless diet, it's not at all crazy to expect 10-15 lbs a month of pure fat loss.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
How long get to 275.
Normally you can lose a pound a week of fat when you have less than lets say 20% body fat. when your heavier your goin to see a huge drop immediatly then it should go back to 1-2 a week.

You could most likely lose 10-20 pounds your first month then 1-2 pounds a week after that. its a real body specific thing, you might find with a good diet you start shedding pounds like nothing.

Just rememeber, dont starve yourself, it actually is better to eat more healthy food than a little junk food. Oatmeal is your friend, no sugar though, fruit, or peanut butter and bananas...mmmmmm...that sounds good right now my next meal is comn up.

1bigtexan

Awards
I plan to start tomorrow. I also just started taking HCG injections.

michaeljannis

Awards
HCG????????

Are you sure... u better check ur supplier... or google it..

aceink

Awards
Supersets, they will rock fat off.
Example, Bench press then waste no time and go the leg press. thats 1 set. also like you said Diet is key.
Google "calorie intake" and then you can find out how many calories you should be getting filling that out. Its not going to be exact but it should give you a safe and good start.
Best of luck.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Supersets, they will rock fat off.
Example, Bench press then waste no time and go the leg press. thats 1 set. also like you said Diet is key.
Google "calorie intake" and then you can find out how many calories you should be getting filling that out. Its not going to be exact but it should give you a safe and good start.
Best of luck.
Supersets are for panzies, they're basically a cardio workout with weights. He needs to drain that glucose right out of his muscles with as much weight as possible involving as many muscles as possible. It should be tiring to stand if he's doing it right.

Just joking about the generalization about supersets being for panzies. I use them too every now and then to prompt GH release.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so you recommend a full body workout.
You know it. But by full body workout I mean a bunch of full body EXERCISES. Not isolation exercises for every muscle - that's a waste of time and will only get you more cortisol cause it'll take 3 hours.

Keep it brief, heavy, and tiresome.

If you're doing it really well, you should have the sensation of wanting to fall asleep.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459809

try this, meltdown training. Weightloss without cardio. Just High intensity lifting
Meltdown training I think is a viable option here - it incorporates the heavy lifting goslamacamel advocates, but is performed in a circuit.
Personally, I would recommend a circuit of compound movements, done with heavy weight (like meltdown) but also incorporate so low-impact cardio after lifting and/or on non-training days.
Eventually, work your way up to high intensity interval training (i.e. sprints), but those can wait until you feel you need to increase the intensity of your workouts.
These, coupled with a good clean diet should drop the pounds.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Cardio = weight loss. Plain and simple.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cardio = weight loss. Plain and simple.
Lol, get out of here with your tired, traditional, simplistic knowledge. Just joshing, but seriously, cardio as in steady-state, 30 minute sessions will not do nearly as much as HIIT, which is what I believe should be called cardio, since I believe it also benefits heart and vessel health more than regular cardio.

That, and I live by the rule that what's harder to do is better for you. Jogging two miles doesn't leave me nearly as breathless and/or dizzy as some fast, heavy cleans followed by fast-paced front squats.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Lol, get out of here with your tired, traditional, simplistic knowledge. Just joshing, but seriously, cardio as in steady-state, 30 minute sessions will not do nearly as much as HIIT, which is what I believe should be called cardio, since I believe it also benefits heart and vessel health more than regular cardio.

That, and I live by the rule that what's harder to do is better for you. Jogging two miles doesn't leave me nearly as breathless and/or dizzy as some fast, heavy cleans followed by fast-paced front squats.
Okay, okay fellas! Easy... I guess my caveman brain is behind the times! I actually drop weight fairly rapidly with more cardio, but I forgot the old mantra: "Not everyone is the same." Cardio + Training is definitely an overall best for weightloss.