weight plates whats a good brand?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I have heaps of weight plates, Avanti, no name and another brand.

I have 2 10KG no name ones and one weighs 10kg and the other weighs 10.5kg.

My avanti 5kg plates actually weigh 4.7KG.

Also half of them dont even fit on an olympic bar so I need to mark them with tape so I know which ones to use on what.

So basicly all mine are pretty crap and was wondering what brand I should get?

Thanks.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Ivanko makes high quality! It all depends on how much your willing to spend....

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
If they weight what they say they do I would pay $2 a pound.

Im pretty sure that brand isnt available in Australia, I should of specified it has to be an international brand, is York any good?

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
If they weight what they say they do I would pay $2 a pound.

Im pretty sure that brand isnt available in Australia, I should of specified it has to be an international brand, is York any good?
yea man York is a good name brand. Sh1t I bought an old weider international set off of Craigslist. It just messes me up a bit b/c the weight is in metric units and I have to calculate it all in my head to see how many lbs I'm lifting. kinda sux but hey it works. When I get more cashola I'll probably invest in some better plates but I say don't fix what ain't broke.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i would say that mixing and matching would not be a good idea. if there is a company that makes some underweight, use all of that companies, or some that are over, use that company's. compensate for the difference when you log what you lift.

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
i would say that mixing and matching would not be a good idea. if there is a company that makes some underweight, use all of that companies, or some that are over, use that company's. compensate for the difference when you log what you lift.

Do u really think it would make that big of a difference in the long run tho' or that the weights in question would be that overweight or underweight? I mean its not like if the plate says 45lbs it's really gonna be like 48 or 42. Ya think?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Do u really think it would make that big of a difference in the long run tho' or that the weights in question would be that overweight or underweight? I mean its not like if the plate says 45lbs it's really gonna be like 48 or 42. Ya think?
I agree, that seems a tad bit petty. I'd say as long as it's within 1 or 2 lbs of what it says, then you're fine. Unless you are in a contest or being judged, then making sure it's "perfect" seems a little bit American Psycho IMO.