Is 26 to old?

Buddikaman

Awards
To get in great condition? Is there really an age that it gets more unrealistic to get, in amatuer natural competition shape?

I was in great shape when i was 24, but ****ed up and quit for 1- 1/2 years just curios if being 26 will be any harder than say, 21-23 or whatever.

-Buddikaman-

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
You only live once and 26 is better than 36

I started again at 29, and I am kicking ass and taking names.

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
To get in great condition? Is there really an age that it gets more unrealistic to get, in amatuer natural competition shape?

I was in great shape when i was 24, but ****ed up and quit for 1- 1/2 years just curios if being 26 will be any harder than say, 21-23 or whatever.

-Buddikaman-
If 26 is too old, I sure am wasting my time in the gym.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Never too old, it just might not be as easy.

MB

bwalkerc2

bwalkerc2

Awards
Age ain't nothing but a number, it is the frame of mind. I'm old as the hills but I am in better physical shape (less BF and more muscular) than I was twenty years ago. You just have to work a little harder as you get older.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
If you've already been in shape, it shouldn't be hard at all. When you are in your thirties, if you are not already in shape it gets a little trickier, but it can always still be done.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
if anything i believe it should be even easier at 26 than 21.

muscle maturity (where you are able to develop better lines, striations, and vascularity) improves with age.

further, you metabolism slows with age which will make it easier to pack on mass - muscle mass if you are doing things right.

and hormones levels don't typically begin to decline until after 30. and even then, it's very gradual at first. so you can't use this as your excuse.

Boulderer

Boulderer

Awards
Listen to these guys. Go for it, absolutely.

I only recently got back into training about a year ago. I trained from about age 17-24. Then due to some various things I trained off and on over the next 5 years. Last summer I started back up full force (proper eating, consistent training, etc). I'm 30 now and just deadlifted 545 (I'm 202lbs) last week. I've never been as strong/muscular as I am right now.

So, in my mind, age is no excuse. If anything, I think being older/ more mature helps you stay away from the teenage mindset of "Let's do barbell curls all day, every day" type of training that is a waste of time

Eat right, train hard, get your rest. That's it.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established

-Buddikaman-
One word: Follistatin. In time, we shall all be giants.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

-Buddikaman-

I didn't start till 39, spent from 18 till then getting into spherical shape.

jpk

jpk

Awards
I'm 47 and I'm carrying around 30 more pounds of muscle than ever before in my life. You gotta do everything right when you're older though, sleep, eat, lift smart etc. A little Epistane pulse helped me out a lot too. I wouldn't have touched the Epi but my test levels were in the chitter. At 26, you got all the juice to be whatever you want in the gym amigo!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm 47 and I'm carrying around 30 more pounds of muscle than ever before in my life. You gotta do everything right when you're older though, sleep, eat, lift smart etc. A little Epistane pulse helped me out a lot too. I wouldn't have touched the Epi but my test levels were in the chitter. At 26, you got all the juice to be whatever you want in the gym amigo!
yeah, don't forget at that age also no longer care about having kids :D

Buddikaman

Awards
thats cool guys, ya i was doing pretty good toward the end of 06, but got a GF and frankly just all around took it for granted and quit progressing, when i show this pic to people now, they dont even beleive its me, thats how bad i currently look, +60 pounds ;)

I really want to take this far though, i miss the lifestyle so much.

-Buddikaman-

jpk

jpk

Awards
yeah, don't forget at that age also no longer care about having kids :D
Amen Easy! I cut the plumbing two years ago so there's no little surprises for me at this stage of life. I really think we all need a wife or GF to round out our diets though. Left to our own devices we'll live off protein shakes and methylated steroids.

By the way Easy, where are you at right now? Any cycles? Progess to report? Your picture progression is pretty damn impressive.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm probably at around 14%ish, at 186ish. probably put up some pics tomorrow. Waist either at belly button or pants hasn't changed significantly in the last month, but the fat between them has :) still a bit off from abs, but at least now I don't feel bad in a compression shirt anymore :D Right now i'm runnning methyl masterdrol v2 from LG and liking it a lot as a recomp/leaning agent. definitely helping increase definition, hardness + vascularity

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
Wow Is 26 too old? I'd have to say no sir! I just got back into it at 28 after some years off. I used to lift when I was younger tho and I just wanna say thank God for muscle memory. you should be good tho I don't even think I would say no to it even if u were 86 i'd just recommend talking to ur doc first.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
two words... tony free man.. took 5 yrs off
No offense Brolic, but thats three words bro;)

Yeah man, 26 is actually a good age. You're at your peak in a physical sense right now. Your body can take a lot, and repair really well right now. Go for it bro!

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You got this bro, no sweat. I am 26 and it is DEFINITELY not too old to make awesome changes to your body in the gym. Just do it, you have no excuse!

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im 28 and getting in better shape everyday. Look at the pro's, most of those guys dont hit their stride until there 30's. Can do a lot of great growth at 26.