bored at the gym. new training methods?

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
i've been lifting religiously for a little over a year now... made great gains using the standard exercises, lifting as heavy as possible in the 6-8 rep range. i feel like my strength & gains are plateauing a bit and i'm getting a little bored.

basically i just wanna switch it up for a few weeks, try something new. i was thinking about doing a few weeks of GVT but the consensus seems to be negative. any other style/program recommendations?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
HIT Training
TUT Training
Bill Starr's 5x5 program
West Side for Skinny Bastards

Those are just a few of the many programs out there (some incorporate some of your principles but to a further extent.) I am also going to suggest that you take a week off from training before starting a new split/program (if you haven't already in the past 6-8 weeks.)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Do you train with someone?

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
HIT Training
TUT Training
Bill Starr's 5x5 program
West Side for Skinny Bastards

Those are just a few of the many programs out there (some incorporate some of your principles but to a further extent.) I am also going to suggest that you take a week off from training before starting a new split/program (if you haven't already in the past 6-8 weeks.)
i'll check those out and yes, i took a week off a month or so ago.

Do you train with someone?
no i train alone. i work ft and go to school ft so my training has to fit into a very tight schedule at random times.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
You may want to check out elastic density training as well, it definitely is a quick and effective workout where you challenge your self every session. OCC's suggestions are really good as well.