What's the big deal?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why do so many people here hate cardio?

I did about 32 minutes of it tonight and felt amazing afterwards. I blew threw my weight training like it was nothing.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol bro, I ask that question all the time!

People are just lazy and they don't want to put in that time. I feel like garbage when I don't do my cardio.

I worked out with a coworker of mine a few days ago and I laughed my ass off when he couldn't do more than 5 minutes on the elliptical at level one.

Thixotrope

Thixotrope

Awards
Because they're fat asses and/or lazy. I know plenty of billy badasses who think they're superman because they can throw up 4 or 5 plates on the bench or squat but get winded walking up a flight of stairs.

The guys who shun cardio will be the ones with high cholestrol, high blood pressure among a myriad other health problems in the future. So sad...

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Because they're fat asses and/or lazy. I know plenty of billy badasses who think they're superman because they can throw up 4 or 5 plates on the bench or squat but get winded walking up a flight of stairs.

The guys who shun cardio will be the ones with high cholestrol, high blood pressure among a myriad other health problems in the future. So sad..
:toofunny:

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I hate cardio!!! I still do it like 4-5 times a week, but i still hate it.

I've been doing tabata protocol the last 2 weeks and it hasn't been that bad....20 seconds all out with 10 second rests...it keeps me busy trying to keep track of the time. get me on a treadmill going one speed and I'm bored out of mind after 2 minutes. :)

T

tadpolar

Awards
I was about 265 dec of 07. Still worked out dragging ass hung over. I got older and let myself go. Kept telling myself as I swallowed more beer i needed to get in shape. Started running could barely make it down the street but I kept trying and trying. lost about 20 pounds by that May. I went back to Jiu-Jitsu after a 3 year hiatus. Jiu-Jitsu is a good cardio workout and I kept running. Started feeling better and better. By AUG I was 215. My running was not long distance yet I was afraid of that a little still. Then one rainy day in OCT of 07 I was with my friend we were out doing somethings for his work and he were talking about fighting and how one of his workers were tlaking trash he boxed and was a new worker and he kept tlaking and talking about how he was bad. Well he had no idea my friend his boss was a professional hockey player and once was rank #2 all time for penalty minutes. This guy was a novice boxer with a big mouth. So my friend said oh you shouldn't have said that... At one point and pulled out $100 and said we can go right now. Well the guy was never seen again but once heard from on the phone talking like he was muhammad ali. Well anyways the day he was with me I said I had been running and it was rainy out and we got back to my house and he said lets go for a rip. Nervous but I was game, nervous because I have been through his crazy antics more than once and was wondering if I would make it back alive. He took me on a long run and even though I was hurting when it was through I never felt better with the rain coming down on me. Oh its raining now I heard the pitter patter and the lighting time to run

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^^^wtf????^^^

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
No doubt on the feeling afterwards, but getting started is bleh, during isn't much fun either. Some guys get away with hitting the weights and maintaining a physique so that's another thing.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I like cardio, sort of.. HIIT is up my alley, other forms of cardio though, I pretty much dread.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm completely lost after tadpolars post........wow!.......Oh yeah!!!I hate cardio!!!It's so fvcking boring it's insane.Theirs just not any challenge to it.Meaning the low intensity. Breathing and heart rate up a little,but still being able to carry on a conversation type.But,I have been doing high intensity cardio lately,and it's much more fun.I still hate it though.My job is low to maybe even mid intensity cardio sometimes.So I feel I need the high intensity to create a shock factor.It seems more big guys are doing it too.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What I always used to dread was the buildup of lactic acid in my legs. The burning would discourage me from doing cardio.

I'm about 5'8'' and ~203lbs. I do cardio about 4-5 times per week. I do the gluteal pre-sets for my age and weight on leg days, and do about 25-30 minutes of the weight-loss pre-set on the other cardio days. I sweat prefusely, but always feel great afterwards.