MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here's what I have in mind for right now:

Sunday: Back, shoulders, abs

Monday: Off from weight-training, ~20-35 mins. of cardio, abs

Tuesday: Legs (maybe something else, too?)

Wednesday: ~20-35 mins. of cardio, abs

Thursday: Off from weight-training, abs (any other suggestions?)

Friday: Chest, abs, ~20-35 mins. of cardio

Saturday: Biceps, triceps, maybe abs (any other suggestions?)

Critique this for me. Give me suggestions. Switch it up. Make it better! Unless this is a good idea in itself. Anything.

Thanks, people.

fasthumpman

fasthumpman

Awards
i personally hate doing triceps the day after doing chest. if you really work out your chest then of course your going to work out alot of your triceps as well. i think you would get greater benefits by giving those a day apart at least.

back/shoulders
off/cardio
biceps/triceps
off/cardio
legs
chest
off/cardio

chest/triceps
legs
off/cardio
back/biceps
shoulders
off/cardio

i like to alternate between push/pull movements but at the moment i am currently doing push/push and pull/pull just to mix it up a little bit. im sure youve seen both of these routines but the only thing i guess i would reallly change on yours is to switch your legs to saturday and your biceps/triceps to tuesday that way your not doing 2 push exercises 2 days in a row.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Would it still be okay for me to work on my abs for a few days, take a day or two off and then work on them for another few days, and so on and so forth?

Reverin

Reverin

Awards
abs 4 days a week should be fine, but just dont over due it; a common mistake is over training your abs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The main thing I avoid in a split is one type of movement. By that I mean do not have your WO consisting of only pushing (i.e. chest/triceps/delts) or pulling (i.e. back/biceps).