frequent urination due to increased calories?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  195 lbs.

frequent urination due to increased calories?

ok guys stupid question but i recently upped my calorie intake from 3500 to 5000 and as soon as i started doing so ive seriously been taking a leak way to much. is the added food in my stomach creating pressure on my bladder or?? im pretty sure i dont have a UTI or any crap like that since it started as soon as i upped the cals but just wondering if anyone else has had this and i havnt really changed my water/liquid intake either. thanks guys...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.

Are you taking anything hormonal that would effect the prostate?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

At 5000 calories I would assume your water intake should be adequately high to coincide with the amount of food, and this in turn would create extra urine.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    At 5000 calories I would assume your water intake should be adequately high to coincide with the amount of food, and this in turn would create extra urine.
    1 more post til 2000!!!

OP i am not sure i do not see how more food would directly cause added urination. You may be drinking more with this food(or taking in more liquid cals like shakes) that may add to this. Are there any other factors that you have changed other than just adding calories?
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    1 more post til 2000!!!

OP i am not sure i do not see how more food would directly cause added urination. You may be drinking more with this food(or taking in more liquid cals like shakes) that may add to this. Are there any other factors that you have changed other than just adding calories?

---
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  195 lbs.

thanks for the replies. i am currently supplement free and do not know of any other changes i would have made to bring this about. the more food = more drink makes sense maybe i am drinking more now and just dont realize it. just kinda embarrassing going to the bathroom 100 times at work people are kindof like what the hell dude!! and i work at a docs office so they automatically assume i have some sort of problem. ill just keep an eye on it thanks again for the replies.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Also how many protein shakes are incorporated into your day? (namely casein shakes?)
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

You could be taking in more water than you realize. You have to remember that most foods are going to contain a good amount of water, unless it's dehydrated or something, and even dehydrated foods contain "some" water. Almost every food you can think of is going to contain a certain amount of water: vegetables, fruits, meats, grains, ect.. In fact, all plants and animals (including us and the foods we eat) are composed of mostly water by weight. For instance, humans are around 62-65% water by weight, so you see what I'm getting at. So the more food you eat, the more water you're taking in, therefore you're going to end up urinating more.

Now this may not be a substantial amount of water, as far as how much water you're taking in by food sources, but it's a good amount nonetheless. Of course there could be other reasons why your urinary frequency has increased, but there is enough water within 1500 calories worth of food to make a noticeable difference.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    1 more post til 2000!!!

I am going to follow in the footsteps Bolt my man, because you are now only 7 away from 2000!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.

more protein-more piss. Protein is a mild diuretic.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Frequent Urination and Low testosterone?
    By K1212 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 11:57 PM
  2. frequent urination on dcp/lev reloaded??
    By tunnelrat in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 10:00 PM
  3. frequent urination + high protein diets?
    By LEARNINGLOTS in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 07:03 PM
  4. Frequent urination - BPH?
    By seth64 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 06:23 PM