Here is my long story summed up very simple and basic.
I was previously doing a Musclenow program which I could not complete because of how much volume and constant CNS over stimulation that kept progressing as the cycle went on. ALSO... I am on week 3 of a Havoc cycle in which I have a bit over a week left on until I start pct. I switched from Musclenow to HST about a week ago and began on the 10s which I just finished and got pretty much accurate maxes for my 10's.
Now that you know where I am coming from here are my few questions:
1) I have been training for a while non-stop and really feel the need to SD soon but I am in the middle of my havoc cycle and I don't wanna SD on cycle OR in my pct, in fear of muscle-loss. I would like your opinions on when I should SD. I have 1 week left on havoc and I have 4 more weeks of 5's... so go from there.
2) When I set my hst training up, I really feel the need to have alternate exercises for muscles. For example: one day for Bi's I will do 2 sets of ez bar curls, but on the next day I would like to do preacher curls. What I don't understand is how you would do your maxes for both of the lifts? On the Friday of the second week I would be on my (A) day and would be doing my max's for ez bar curls, which is cool, but what happens to the preacher max's?
I have done alota reading and research before I asked this question so I feel as if I MAY possibly know the answer to this question but I am not sure...Would I basically just have 3 increases of weight for each exercise? Ie.. If my max for ez curl is 100 x 10 then I would just go 80x10 / 90x10 / 100x10. And the same idea for preachers? So I would have my max's completed for my (B) day wed and then max's completed for my (A) day on Friday?
3) This question is in regard to the last question. If you have done a few hst programs before and you have NOT alternated and HAVE alternated as I described above, which did you prefer in terms of gains and stagnating?
4) What happens when you get to your max day, but you can definitely push through your predetermined max? Do you just continue doing more reps, or do you bump it up for the next set.
5) Lastly, what happens when your max is 200 on bench for 10 reps, and on your max day you get 200 barely for the 1st set but definitely cant get 10 reps again for the second set, how do you work that out.
I really appreciate your time reading and answering these questions. I have been doing alot of research and I simply could not find the answers to these questions, so please do not think I didn't try to help myself first. Thanks!