10-12% bodfyfat yet little vascularity....whats up with that???

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. 10-12% bodfyfat yet little vascularity....whats up with that???


    title says it all. i am in pretty good shape. bodyfat is decent but while i see some people with my same bodyfat or even higher, my veins are a lot less. can anyone tell me why this is or how i could possibly fix this? i dont want to look ridiculous but i feel my circulation may be sub-par.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    title says it all. i am in pretty good shape. bodyfat is decent but while i see some people with my same bodyfat or even higher, my veins are a lot less. can anyone tell me why this is or how i could possibly fix this? i dont want to look ridiculous but i feel my circulation may be sub-par.
    Gonna say some of this is genetics man, some people are just naturally big veined we'll say. I have a friend I lift with that is around the same size/bf as me and his vascularity is much more noticeable then mine. Are you taking any type of NO supp.? If not I'd look into some sort of vasodilator(sp?).
    •   
       


  3. pic...not saying your not 10-12 %...but alot of people dont test bf properly.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    pic...not saying your not 10-12 %...but alot of people dont test bf properly.
    True, I was thinking it.................... but I'm a fatty so I can't tell someone they might not be 10-12% lol

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Newlife4me View Post
    True, I was thinking it.................... but I'm a fatty so I can't tell someone they might not be 10-12% lol
    hahaha...naw its just i see sooooooo many people go, yeah im 9%..i look at them, and know full well they are closer to 15-16....

    Alot of people dont know how to propery test bf, that includes a TOn of "personal trainers"
    •   
       


  6. i knew the request for a pic was coming however i dont have one right now. so until i can get one up can we just all assume that i am correct about my bodyfat analasys and take it from there. i will get a pic up here when i am able to though. my gym is who tested me.

    do you think lots of cardio could bring out my veins cuz i am not too interested in buying a "performance" supplement for something so superficial. i am not the kinda guy who takes a million things.

  7. or, like New said, you may just not be a very vascular person bro.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    hahaha...naw its just i see sooooooo many people go, yeah im 9%..i look at them, and know full well they are closer to 15-16....

    Alot of people dont know how to propery test bf, that includes a TOn of "personal trainers"
    I always love the "I'm about 3% bodyfat" folks....as if you could hold that level for longer than a few hours without dying.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  9. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I always love the "I'm about 3% bodyfat" folks....as if you could hold that level for longer than a few hours without dying.
    Haha indeed. All I can say is it is probably genetics.

    Nutrition also plays an inportant role in your vascular look.

    I noticed that the longer the diet is respected (my bulking diet) the more vascular I look. I could somewhat relate this to insulin sensitivity which is quite plausible IMO.

  10. ok ok i see how its gonna be guys lol. i am gonna go take a couple pictures. i should have them up here in 30 minutes or less.

    but if anyone until then has advice on howto become more vascular would be appreciated. i would imagine that there must be a little something i could do despite genetic predisposition

  11. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I always love the "I'm about 3% bodyfat" folks....as if you could hold that level for longer than a few hours without dying.
    Check my avi, I'll might 5%........................... hahahahaha.

  12. Genetics, accurate bf, and also type of training I would think would be the largest factors other than possible supplementation.

  13. Veins come through the most thin part of your skin. Hence veins on hands/forearms but not normally ass/pecs/legs. This is a general statement but the less you put between your skin and the veins, fat, the more they will stand out.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Newlife4me View Post
    Check my avi, I'll might 5%........................... hahahahaha.
    you mean 15%?

  15. Haha, I was joking and I'm actually around 17% I think.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    you mean 15%?
    are you joking about his joke?...im confused

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Newlife4me View Post
    Haha, I was joking and I'm actually around 17% I think.
    yea man no pun intended I was simply joking...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    are you joking about his joke?...im confused
    Gosh, now I'm confused on what your confused about
    haha, so yeah back on topic...............

  19. yeah boxeman is not really making sense but oh well.

    alright guys i have got to tell you the bad news. no pictures right now. all i have is a video camera tat can take pictures as well. i tried to download them to my new computer but the jack doesnt fit my cable. so i am gonna check my photobucket album. standby.

  20. No worries man, post as you can, a pic is still just a visual judgement call on what it appears your at. If your really concerned, there's a place in town that does water displacement bf analysis that's also a good option for accuracy.

  21. i am not too concerned about %. i am definetely in the bodyfat range that i think deserves a little vascularity. but you know, after seeing my pictures that i took and i think i could drop my bodyfat down a little bit more.

    as said earlier though that veins come out where there is thin skin/ low bodyfat such as the hands. i really dont even have much there compared to most people i think. wow it sounds like a should be more around the 60% bodyfat range. even my hands are fat lol.

  22. this thread's hilarious.
    NSCA - CSCS

  23. yes it is lol. Let see. My dad has HUUUGE veins... yet I can't get mine to show up unless im working out or being active. So some of it is definitely not genetic. Albeit im 14... but still I should at least show a little right?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Laxislife1265 View Post
    yes it is lol. Let see. My dad has HUUUGE veins... yet I can't get mine to show up unless im working out or being active. So some of it is definitely not genetic. Albeit im 14... but still I should at least show a little right?
    If you're only 14 you're not fully developed yet, those veins might still be coming

    Assuming your body fat is low.
    NSCA - CSCS

  25. I was at 12% when i got certified for wrestling so im assuming that im in fine shape to show veins right? Keep in mind im chinese and asian kids tend to mature and stop growth at an early age.

    edit: just out of curiosity when did you guys stop growing (height wise)? did you grow in spurts? and what age was your biggest growth in height?

    Because I haven't grown in about a year and im 5'10 so I think I might be done...

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Laxislife1265 View Post
    I was at 12% when i got certified for wrestling so im assuming that im in fine shape to show veins right? Keep in mind im chinese and asian kids tend to mature and stop growth at an early age.

    edit: just out of curiosity when did you guys stop growing (height wise)? did you grow in spurts? and what age was your biggest growth in height?

    Because I haven't grown in about a year and im 5'10 so I think I might be done...
    I stopped growing taller by 17

    12% is certifiably, vascularity qualified, maybe you inherited your mom's skin thickness? Or maybe there just isn't enough muscle mass (YET)
    NSCA - CSCS

  27. looks like i might still have some more growing to do. Cmon six feet >.<! did you have like a pause in your growth at any point?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Laxislife1265 View Post
    looks like i might still have some more growing to do. Cmon six feet >.<! did you have like a pause in your growth at any point?
    Nothing noticeable. I was never concerned about my height. I was always about the same height as my classmates, so it never worried me.
    NSCA - CSCS

  29. so 12% rates vascularity? in general (i know there are exceptions) what is a bodyfat % where you should begin to see some vascularity?

  30. Ah, a good vasculatiry thread with John, John, and Box.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. whats the best no-2 product now for vascularity
    By benjiman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 01:42 PM
  2. Vascularity
    By htown in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 10:42 AM
  3. Vascularity
    By lrevard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 03:51 AM
  4. Vascularity
    By MuscleMind in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 01:57 PM
  5. 4AD vascularity
    By captainbicept in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Log in
Log in