failed at leg press :(

1. failed at leg press :(

was having a really good leg workout tonight (not very common for me). was doing narrow stance leg presses for my 3rd exercise of the night. got up to 4 plates on each side. busted out 2 sets of 12 no problem. decided what the hell. ill do 6 on each side for maybe 6-8 reps. lowered it down, and never went back up haha. totally sucked. i had to crawl out, unload all the plates, and put it back. hung my head low, but still finished out strong for the remainder of my 2 ham exercises and 2 calf exercises.

2. lol im sure you were jsut tired. after your warmup next time start at 6 and pyramid down....that way you can see if you can do it or not and you still get the full leg workout
    •   

3. Beter luck next time, probably just tired out your legs. If nobody saw it you don't have to be a shamed neither

4. if you are trying to hit new highs, instead of doing multiple sets at 12 reps, do single sets of 5-8 at each weight as you go up. I like using 5 for that. the earlier ones end up as further warmups

5. I've done that once, Nice feeling :
    •   

6. The #1 worst thing about the leg press is unloading the kajillion plates after four vein-popping sets. And, when loading/unloading, having to scavenge the gym for extra 45s cause the sled rack doesn't hold enough.

I have yet to get stuck, though.

I still wonder why people pyramid up. That seems backwards to me. IMO, staying w/ the same weight or pyramiding down through the sets = better workout. But, everything has its place. Why try your heaviest set after 2-3 working sets?

7. Quote Originally Posted by ShakesAllDay View Post
    The #1 worst thing about the leg press is unloading the kajillion plates after four vein-popping sets. And, when loading/unloading, having to scavenge the gym for extra 45s cause the sled rack doesn't hold enough.

I have yet to get stuck, though.

I still wonder why people pyramid up. That seems backwards to me. IMO, staying w/ the same weight or pyramiding down through the sets = better workout. But, everything has its place. Why try your heaviest set after 2-3 working sets?
    you and i work a very similar routine. pyramid down. but the guy that i lift with does a 5x5 pyramid up. it seems backwards to me in theory but when we're doing it i can feel the fibers tearing when i get to that last set on the last 3 reps.
    i guess it would just have to be a personal preference. however, i would be interested in comparing the differences in the 2 styles

8. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    if you are trying to hit new highs, instead of doing multiple sets at 12 reps, do single sets of 5-8 at each weight as you go up. I like using 5 for that. the earlier ones end up as further warmups
    wasnt a new high or anything. but i am trying to build my leg strength back up to where it was like a year ago when i was able to do sets of 10-14 reps with 8 plates on each side. so i felt like still had some juice left in my legs when i put the 6 on. turns out i didnt.

thanks for all the replies tho guys. some good ideas for changing up my leg training.

9. I pyramid up then back down. going up allows your body much more time to warm up for the heavier weight. less likely to get an injury that way.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Muliculturism has Failed
    By omni in forum Politics
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 02:18 PM
  2. Smith Machine Behind Neck Press vs Dumbbell Press
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 03:23 PM
  3. Dumbbell Press or Chest Press -- Do you go all the way down?
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 10:13 PM