drop sets?

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
i see how people normally increase their weight as part of their training but ive been doing nothing but drop sets and since im on a cutting cycle im wondering if thats optimal?!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
i see how people normally increase their weight as part of their training but ive been doing nothing but drop sets and since im on a cutting cycle im wondering if thats optimal?!
I do a lot of drop sets when I use machines, or dumbells.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
I do a lot of drop sets when I use machines, or dumbells.
how is it working for you....because when i bench dumbell flyes all that all i do is dropsets....on flys ill start off with 30lb dumbs and do them about 15 times then drop to 25 or 20's do those 20 times or so then etc etc....just wondering if it was optimal for gains for lean muscle mass while taking superbolan and methyl e.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would do lower reps than 15-20 if you're trying to gain.I have always read that drop sets are best to bust through a plateau.If you do them all the time you either overtrain,or become used to them,and they wont act as a shocker anymore.

I'll be at work all day,but just in case you say i'm doing higher reps because i'm cutting.Many are saying that's one of the biggest misconceptions today.I would do your basic staright sets of 6-12.You could finish off with a drop set.If you have been doing nothing but drop sets for a while though,i would take a break from them.