weak wrists??

bubbaw

bubbaw

Awards
Hey guys!
When doing standing upright rows I get a seperation feeling in my wrist, is this weak forearms? poor form?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Could be weak wrists, you could possibly use straps/wrist wraps to get around this, or build up your wrists so that they don't become your achillies. There does become a point in heavy lifting though where you're better off using straps.

My opinion counts for nothing. :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I get this sometimes since I've went to almost all free weighted exercises..It gets better. Just keep plugging away unless it is an actual injury feeling discomfort?

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Try to widen your grip a little bit it will take more stress of your wrists. Straps to will relieve some of the stress

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
I think your wrist will build up to the amount of stress you put on them. I never had wrist problems with anything intill I had a computer class for 1.5 hours a day. Also do some exercises to strengthen them wrist curls, hammer curls, reverse barbell curls.

bubbaw

bubbaw

Awards
I think your wrist will build up to the amount of stress you put on them. I never had wrist problems with anything intill I had a computer class for 1.5 hours a day. Also do some exercises to strengthen them wrist curls, hammer curls, reverse barbell curls.
lol- I work 40+ a week on a computer....

I added a triple superset today Im gonna start with, wrist curls, a palm down curl and side-2-side

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys!
When doing standing upright rows I get a seperation feeling in my wrist, is this weak forearms? poor form?
Is it when you go up about half way of the rep when your wrists pop down and your hands are like almost disconnected from the wrist? On upright rows I just pull up, displace wrists at halfway, and continue on up to continue the rep. Never gives me any pain during or problems afterwards, I think it's pretty harmless.

I did fracture both epiphyseal plates on my right wrist, but surprisingly its my left wrist that dislocates easiest. I guess I just rely on my connective tissue to keep my hands attached to the bar, lol.

bubbaw

bubbaw

Awards
Is it when you go up about half way of the rep when your wrists pop down and your hands are like almost disconnected from the wrist? On upright rows I just pull up, displace wrists at halfway, and continue on up to continue the rep. Never gives me any pain during or problems afterwards, I think it's pretty harmless.

I did fracture both epiphyseal plates on my right wrist, but surprisingly its my left wrist that dislocates easiest. I guess I just rely on my connective tissue to keep my hands attached to the bar, lol.
Yeah thats it.
I think we'd be invited joint damage if we continue without addressing. I'm wondering if I used a flat bar instead of a curl bar that itd help? it seems to straighten the wrists a little.

satyricon

Awards
try using DBs instead for your upright rows.not a very good exercise anyhow. a great way to strengthen the wrist is by using a heavy hammer or a DB bar with collars and # on one end to simulate a hammer.hold it down at your side so its pointing forward andbend the wrist up and down. do as many as you can then switch hands and repeat for a few sets.do them at the end of your workout or on seperate days. check fighttraining homepage for some cool inventions for wrist tools.