Abdominal Crunches and Nausea

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Hope you can all help me here of give some advice. Recently i upped the intensity of my ab training as i simply wasnt seeing any results from my prior plateau.

Hower, the increased intensity results in some bad heartburn and digestive problems (general stomach cramping and extreme bloatedness) about 2-3 hours post workout, all the way up until my next workout.

It seems my digestive system takes a blow everytime i do my abs, no matter the exersise. Other than taking the intensity back and not seeing any further results, anyone have any suggestions?

It feels like i get hit with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) every time i do abs, which otherwise isnt there when i dont. Almost as if the exersise throws off the natural rhythm of the digestive tract.

Anyway, the heartburn is a killer (im taking zantac 75 for it) and the nausea gets me every morning.

Any suggestions guys?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
at age 23 and working out? yeah, if it's not either:
your diet
not enough time elapsed between meals & workouts
harsh supplements like 'fat burners', etc

it's something you should see a doc about. If you adjust your diet, supplement intake and workout schedule and don't see a change,
you're having a serious issue. At 23 and especially in shape, there are people who have never had heart burn, much less coupled with nausea and severe enough to need to take antacids regularly.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
at age 23 and working out? yeah, if it's not either:
your diet
not enough time elapsed between meals & workouts
harsh supplements like 'fat burners', etc

it's something you should see a doc about. If you adjust your diet, supplement intake and workout schedule and don't see a change,
you're having a serious issue. At 23 and especially in shape, there are people who have never had heart burn, much less coupled with nausea and severe enough to need to take antacids regularly.
Yeah, i think i may just see the doc. I have no problems when working out, no nausea no nothing, just after i work out is when it become a problem.

When i dont do abs, im fine. Nothing to complain about.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
See a stomach doc.

You're quite young to suffer with heartburn, maybe there's a pulled muscle or something.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agreee with the DR thing. In the meantime I would say all I would do is the one where you lay on a bench lift your head and do leg kicks. Then at least you are not curled up on your stomach.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys,

Hope you can all help me here of give some advice. Recently i upped the intensity of my ab training as i simply wasnt seeing any results from my prior plateau.

Hower, the increased intensity results in some bad heartburn and digestive problems (general stomach cramping and extreme bloatedness) about 2-3 hours post workout, all the way up until my next workout.

It seems my digestive system takes a blow everytime i do my abs, no matter the exersise. Other than taking the intensity back and not seeing any further results, anyone have any suggestions?

It feels like i get hit with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) every time i do abs, which otherwise isnt there when i dont. Almost as if the exersise throws off the natural rhythm of the digestive tract.

Anyway, the heartburn is a killer (im taking zantac 75 for it) and the nausea gets me every morning.

Any suggestions guys?

You can't be "hit with IBS". You have to have a colonoscopy to get it diagnosed.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
You can't be "hit with IBS". You have to have a colonoscopy to get it diagnosed.
Thanks guys, i actually solved the problem. It seems that the DCP im current taking was causing heartburn which was being exagerated after a particually hard workout (the ab area).

Lowered the DCP from 3 x 3 per day to 4 x 3 per day did the trick. For some reason the ab workouts aggrivated the indegestion and heartburn caused by the dcp post w/o.

Thanks again guys. However i will get it checked out just to be safe. Better safe than sorry right.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 24
jbatts77 Weight Loss 1
jbatts77 Weight Loss 0
jbatts77 Weight Loss 21
Injury / Rehab 5