FST-7,by Hany Rambod

1. Banned

FST-7,by Hany Rambod

I'm not typing the whole damn thing,but heres the basics.It stands for Fascial Stretch Training and the seven refers to 7 sets performed as the final exercise of a target bodypart.Basically you train regularly,with seven sets to finish muscle,with minimal rest between to get the best pump possible.The example in article in April issue of MD is for bi's

Alternate db curls-3-4 x 8-12
    machine preacher curls-3 x 8-12
    Ez bar curls-7 x 8-12(30-45 seconds between sets while sipping water-more on this next month)Thats what it says not from me

He also says smaller muscles like calves and arms can and should be trained twice a week,while bigger muscles should be once a week,His example of a split is

1-bi's,tri's,and calves
    2-legs
    3-off
    4-chest and tri's
    5-back and calves
    6-shoulders and bi's
    7-off

Other than that some key info is to not use big compound lifts as your "seven set,"they require balance and other muscles to come into play which takes focus off target muscle.So machines and cables are a good idea and free wights like bb curls and skull crushers are as well.Also,i think this is obvious,but you never know.Do your "seven set" at the end,to finish off a muscle.Like I said earlier,with minimal rest between.He says to think of it as filling up a baloon with a small leak,as your muscles slowly lose blood once pumped.The point is to get the best pump possible.

The goal is to bring as much vitamins,minerals,amino acids,oxygen etc into the muscle,and also stretch the fascia tissue which will help encourage muscle growth as fascia tissue will limit muscle growth.

This is no new idea or anything,but i'm happy with this routine,it'll be a nice change.The only problem i'm having is waiting to start.I will be starting a 3 week m-drol cycle april2,and this will be a nice change to compliment the m-drol.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

i was just about to post almost this exact thread. ive been trying this routine the last week or so. feels great. havent seen anything too major yet, bu the pumps are quite amazing. good luck man. what is your routine looking like btw?
  3. Banned

Yeah,i don't expect anything special,but i have been reading about the fascia tissue slowing muscle growth for a while now,and that once it's stretched,it's permananently stretched.Thats one theory on the whole muscle memory thing.Since their fascia tissue was already stretched to previous size,they don't have that slowing them down anymore,untill they get back to previous size.I have heard of many bb's old and current doing things like this.Going heavy at first,and then chasing the pump to finish em off.He mentioned how dc or ot training has you doing lots of stretches,but says it's not the best way to stretch fascia tissue.

Right now i'm doing upper mon and thur,and lower tues and fri.Basic heavy free weight lifts are always the core of my training.It will be the same when i switch to this,but i will use machines and cables(big change) for the final "seven."Prob 6-10 at first,then 10-12 for the "seven"If anything it will be fun and chalenging to do,i cant wait for the pumps,especialy with the m-drol in my bloodI also decided last night to stay in the 2-5 rep range from now untill april2.This will hopefully increase strength a little,and cause more of a shock to the muscles,instead of staying in the 6-12 range from now untill then.I will also take atleast 4 days off before switching.
    •   

4. Registered User

Fst-7

I hope everyone who is trying FST-7 is making greating gains. The second part of my column should be on the news stands soon.

Hany
  5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProCreator View Post
    I hope everyone who is trying FST-7 is making greating gains. The second part of my column should be on the news stands soon.

Hany
    Who the hell are you polluting my thread?I mean jesus christ dude!

Obvisouly just messing with you.I haven't started yet,I'm waiting for april 2 when i start m-drol too,so you bet I will be making gains.I'm absolutely starved for some mass/strength gains right now.It sounds great!I liked it enough to take the time to share with the others.
  6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProCreator View Post
    I hope everyone who is trying FST-7 is making greating gains. The second part of my column should be on the news stands soon.Hany
    You wouldn't happen to know what page would you?I just got my MD today,and I can't find it anywhere!
  7. Registered User

Fst-7

Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    You wouldn't happen to know what page would you?I just got my MD today,and I can't find it anywhere!
    If your talking about the new Phil Heath issue I just found out it isn't in there. They moved it to the following month due to the Ironman Coverage. Sorry for the teaser... lol

Hany
  8. Core Nutritionals Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  192 lbs.

This program looks promising, but I do have one question about it, based on the example split and the example of a bicep workout. The sample bicep workout shows 13 sets being performed. Also, looking at the split on Day 1, you would work bis, tris, and calves. I assume that kind of volume (13 sets) wouldnt be used for all 3 of those bodyparts, or the volume would be absolutely insane. How would you adjust the number of sets to put together one day of training. Even on a day when only 2 bodyparts are trained (ex: shoulders and bis) Im not sure if performing 13 sets for each bodypart and 26 total sets would be recommended. What are your thoughts?
  9. Banned

I say try it and see.How will you know whats too much volume or too little if you don't see how far you can go.That being said I sometimes feel like I'm doing too much so I cut back.Then others it's just the opposite.I don't realy notice a difference either way.
  10. Registered User

Fascia stretching as developed by Parillo is very effective if used properly for lengths of time.

Basically after you work the muscle normally you do fascia stretching which involves:

1. Pump set; followed by
    2. Holding an extreme stretch; followed by
    3. Posing that muscle almost until it cramps

It is very simple, very painful and very effective. There is no need to follow some lame-assed laid out routine by someone who clearly has no desire to teach fascia stretching properly to the masses.

If you dig around you can find old video loops of Tom Platz doing pump sets until he couldn't move the weight, then someone would assist him until his legs were full of blood...then he did an extreme quad stretch in pain for a period of time and then he'd flex the muscle till it cramps...repeat. There is nothing new under the sun.

I just don't think most people have what it takes to do it properly...and those MD articles especially the 2nd one are not the best places to learn about this stuff. In fact the author of those articles owes his readers an apology for making them read his second IMHO worthless article.
  11. Registered User

I say try it and see.How will you know whats too much volume or too little if you don't see how far you can go.That being said I sometimes feel like I'm doing too much so I cut back.Then others it's just the opposite.I don't realy notice a difference either way.
    Hey I have a question.On Leg Day I do(after warmup sets)
    Squats-3x8
    S/L D/L's-3x8
    What exercises do I do for the final 7x12 sets?
  12. Registered User

Bump for pantera101 or ProCreator
  13. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    Bump for pantera101 or ProCreator
    Ummmmmmm I klnow for a fact I answered this in this thread..... what the hell happened?I must of missed post reply or something.........

anyways,after sq's you could do leg press or extensions for the final seven.After sldl's you could do leg curls.You finish off each and every muscle with the final 7 pumping set.
  14. Registered User

Ummmmmmm I klnow for a fact I answered this in this thread..... what the hell happened?I must of missed post reply or something.........

anyways,after sq's you could do leg press or extensions for the final seven.After sldl's you could do leg curls.You finish off each and every muscle with the final 7 pumping set.
    Hey thanks alot for your help dude.I need to get a copy of the MD mag.
  15. Registered User

For those who were looking for the FST-7 Articles and workout. I have posted them on my new website.

FST-7.com

Hany
  16. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    Hey I have a question.On Leg Day I do(after warmup sets)
    Squats-3x8
    S/L D/L's-3x8
    What exercises do I do for the final 7x12 sets?

u have to split hams and quads up, for ham do leg curls, 4 quads do leg extenstions, sissy squat or legpress will work but research on the fst-7 web site
  •