Lower bodyfat and gain muscle

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%

Lower bodyfat and gain muscle

I am 6'0" , 160lbs and 12% bf. I want to get bf to 8% (to be able to see abs better). How can I continue to lose body fat, or even maintain it, and gain muscle. I lift 3 to 4 times per week and run 3-5 miles 3 to 4 times a week. I drink a whey protein shake after working out mixed in milk. That is around 25 grams of whey and another 10 grams of protein from the milk. I also drink 2 cups of milk before bed for the protein overnight. I also take 4 - 5k mg's of creatine monohydrate each day. I want to have very little body fat, but also gain muscle. Any suggestions?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Rich08 View Post
    I am 6'0" , 160lbs and 12% bf. I want to get bf to 8% (to be able to see abs better). How can I continue to lose body fat, or even maintain it, and gain muscle. I lift 3 to 4 times per week and run 3-5 miles 3 to 4 times a week. I drink a whey protein shake after working out mixed in milk. That is around 25 grams of whey and another 10 grams of protein from the milk. I also drink 2 cups of milk before bed for the protein overnight. I also take 4 - 5k mg's of creatine monohydrate each day. I want to have very little body fat, but also gain muscle. Any suggestions?
    You pretty much want what everyone on here wants.

The best advice i can give you would be to spend a little time searching the forums and learning for yourself.

There's a wealth of information on here to help you. The best thing to do would be pick out the relevant bits and tailor it to your routine.

As a little pointer i would say maybe do low intensity cardio on an empty stomach for 30 mins rather than running 5 miles. You'll hang on to muscle much easier.

And take on 60g of simple carbs after your workout to go along with your protein shake.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The milk before you sleep isn't in my opinion the best idea. Try a protein source with less sugar. just my 2 cents
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

agreed on the sugar before bed.

And the protein only after your workout isn't going to cut it. You need a 3:1 carb to protein drink immediately afterward. An hour later, then you can take the big protein serving.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking to gain more muscle
    By Beef Pirate in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 11:34 AM
  2. reduce bodyfat and gain muscle
    By Rich08 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 04:33 PM
  3. Is it possible to gain muscle on PCT
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28