Exercises for vascularity/hardness arms

kidracer69

Awards
Any specific exercises and number or sets/reps for vein popping hardness bis/tris?

Thanks!

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong. but most of vascularity has to do with how lean you are and genetics. i have pretty vascular legs but terrible vascularity in my upper body even at 5% bodyfat. My brother on the other hand can be at 7-8% bodyfat and his vascularity will be ridiculous in his upper body. Also i'm in a PT class and my teacher had said that it also has to do with hydration levels and a lot of that just depends on your body and what you need the hydration levels to be at. how to calculate that? i have no idea. But for me i'm just kinda screwed to a certain extent because of genetics.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Higher reps will drive more blood volume to those working muscles, but visible vascularity has more to do with your physiology then which exercises you're performing. Like the post above me said, genetics plays a great role in visible vascularity, ie thin skin, low subcutaneous fat, natural vein/capillary diameter.

Or roids....:blink:

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
glycogen level effects my vasularity...one gatorade and some supercarb after low carbing for a few weeks, and my veins inflate.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are several factors:
1. Genetics
2. Glycogen Levels
3. Leanness
4. TUT

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe you get more vascular as you get bigger because bigger muscles need more blood and all that blood carries.Bigger forearms at a respectful bf% seem to be more vascular than smaller.lee priest has descent veins but Frank Mcgrath's veins are crazy,so that shows the genetic part,but i remember how excited i was when the big vein going down bi's started to show and forearms veins became more noticeable as i got bigger

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
all determined by genetics and conditioning. I have great genetics when it comes to vascularity, i mean i can be holding water or in the low teens in bf% and still show insane vascularity....and this is with tan skin. I mean look at Jay Cutler he is sub5% bf during contests and he still doesnt have much vascularity. Genetics. High reps will help as youll be pumping more blood, maybe try out some vasodilators or pump products. Hemodraulix is one im testing now and ive noticed even more vascularity during workouts. Like it was mentioned Sugar levels, glycogen, has an effect as well.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well id say the first week was pretty impressive! Boosts in strength, vascularity and pumps got there quick. Id like to say the effect has been leveling off a bit but it makes you real sweaty too. Its up there in the pump products ladder imo

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been using xlevol and loving it, mathew reccomended hemodraulix to me.I'll prob try it eventually.

kidracer69

Awards
Thanks for the great information.

Is TUT the best method used for hardness?

I've never trained that way before so what kind of weight and reps should I be using? Heavy + Low reps, Medium + high reps, etc?

Link24

Awards
  • Established
glycogen level effects my vasularity...one gatorade and some supercarb after low carbing for a few weeks, and my veins inflate.

I second this i am low carbing right now and my veins arent buldging as much as the do when im carbing. But am looking nice and lean

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I also remember the veins in my calves starting to show more when they started to get bigger.I was reminded of this,this morning when working calves.Anyone else notice being more vascular as you get bigger or atleast the initial size gain,normal to muscular.I notice some skinny guys are vascular but not many,and not many big guys aren't atleast somewhat vascular.No one called me out or agreed,so call me out or agree.Do you have some size on you now kidracer,or are you "normal"

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think you need to get bigger and see what happens.By the way,put some high spf sunscreen on those tattoos when exposed to sun.Not alot of people realise the sun fades tattoos.

kidracer69

Awards
I'm straight on the size. I put on 30-35lbs in the last 5 months and have maintained my weight/strength through my cycle and pct.

I reached all the goals I had which was to keep slender and just add lean mass. I didn't want to get **** diesel- just not my thing.

As far as tattoos- they are photochopped to preserve my identity.

I started doing some TUT exercises for biceps and I can definitely feel it. It takes a lot more concentration than I thought!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I could tell the tattoos were distorted in some way,just leting you know the sun fades them,as i said not a lot of people know.I work outside in texas and gert covered from head to toe year round to keep mine out of the sun.I get alot of stares.I also weear all black with a hat and bandanna(tan lines are like night and day if i don't)so that adds to it.No offense but you don't quite have the bb look yet,you may not have the genes to be vascular,although i think you will be more vascular when you get bigger,and cut down if needed.Just my opinion,i know some pros aren't too vascular though,so who knows.

Edit:just looked at the pictures again,and your not far away from the bb look,looks like you might try to bring up your back,hard to tell but it looks like lats are lagging.My bf% is pretty close to yours and i'm some what vascular,so maybe you're doomed not to have what most normal people consider to be nasty:)

brettly

Awards
The teacher I had in a personal training seminar who is highly respected and qualified, told us that emphasizing TUT was a great to develop muscle hardness.

kidracer69

Awards
Tattoos were photochopped to conceal my identity. They are actually doing really well especially since I never show them off in the sun being that they are under a shirt most the time.

I appreciate the honest feedback. I'm wasn't going for the bb look actually. My lats are lacking but I did not want the huge cobra snake look. I want to be slender and have a nice model-ish look.. was going the sexy route more than the **** diesel route. My lats were a lot bigger last year before I completely stopped training though so I do know what you're saying about it giving me the bb look.

Fitness/health more than looking a certain way is more priority in my life. I figure as long as I'm working towards a healthy lifestyle and look pretty good then I can focus on other aspects of my life better.

As of right now I have stopped working out because I sprained my ankle. I will be out for a little while and will update my logs when I'm back on my feet. Sucks but I have to heal..

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just assume most are shooting for the bb look on here and other websites like this.They are geared towards bobybuilding with their names and pictures/slogans,i guess we can't go divividing the different categeories up,general fitness is rare enough.By the bb look,i mean someone who has put a considerable amount of muscle on his/her frame.Some are born to have 15" arms while others are more like 10" so i just use that term instead of putting numbers on it.Your lats do look like their lagging,no offense,but most modelish types are lagging in an least an area or two,so that might not be a concern for you.Personally,i want,and like to see,when each and every muscle flows right into the next due to be perfectly proportioned,wether you're toned or huge.

The tattoos do look like they have good color,so many fitness/bb types tan like crazy.I seen one bb with tribal tattoos on one arm and one leg.You could tell which one he got first cause one was bright and full of "life" while the other looked like.....well....it got too much sun and faded cause of it.Their is a big guy at my gym that has a bunch,he works outside and uses the tanning beds.I didn't know they faded for two years after i got my first one.It's common sence yet you think tattoos are permanent so their different in some way.It takes a while but the sun will fade them.Just trying to help you out,they're expensive and permanent,might as well keep them looking good.Not saying you didn't know this,but you might not of.So now when a hottie wants your ripped sexy ass to go to the pool,or when you get ripped and become allergic to your shirt,you can put sunscreen on them and slow the fading process.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I started splitting my workouts up over several days, doing less sets each day, and wider rep ranges, my muscles seemed to get hard fast. Possibly because they always had a pump, but now that I'm back into a 4/5 day split, they've kept the hardness.

Vascularity grows as muscle grows, visibility is affected by your BF%.

TUT and adding in dropsets/supersets should do the trick.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I started splitting my workouts up over several days, doing less sets each day, and wider rep ranges, my muscles seemed to get hard fast. Possibly because they always had a pump, but now that I'm back into a 4/5 day split, they've kept the hardness.

Vascularity grows as muscle grows, visibility is affected by your BF%.

TUT and adding in dropsets/supersets should do the trick.
Thats what i've been saying,but nobody has agreed or disagreed,so thank you.

kidracer69

Awards
Rolled my ankle pretty bad so I've been out of it. I can't seem to balance myself and lift as much. I also ate some junk food one day and can already feel slower and fatter in the gym like when I did when I just quit smoking and started to work out.

Watching what I'm eating now as I was scared to lose my weight so I ate a bunch of crap one day.. Bad idea but luckily I learned quick.

Umm I don't know what to say about the tattoos. My tats are under my shirt so never get exposed to sun. I've had my first one for two years now and it looks good as new.
Also I hope you understand by photoshop I mean I used a program to alter the image. Not only did I select my tattoo and distort the image into huge pixels, but I used a tool to blur the image- hench the swirls and smeared yogurt look. I'd probably go back to the parlor and beat the **** out of the guy if my tattoos ended up like that in reality. I appreciate the concern though and I have been adding TUT into my routine. It's hard work and definitely breaks a sweat but I hope it's worth it in the end.
I'm also hoping that my arms get harder when I'm off creatine too. :)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes i completely understand you photoshopped them.Boxmeman,do you seriously notice your arms appearing "harder" when you stop taking creatine?I used to cycle creatine and never noticed a difference besides a couple pound weight loss maybe.Or are you being sarcastic?

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Yes i completely understand you photoshopped them.Boxmeman,do you seriously notice your arms appearing "harder" when you stop taking creatine?I used to cycle creatine and never noticed a difference besides a couple pound weight loss maybe.Or are you being sarcastic?
Well from lack of water weight... but in all honesty I HATE creatine monohydrate due to sheer water retention..

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Water retention is good for gaining muscle,just like estrogen is.I guess you might "bloat up"though,that would suck.Like i said,i notice a couple pound weight loss and gain from stopping/starting creatine.Other than that i don't appear bloated or feel it or anything,i didn't even know it made you retain water untill quite a while after taking it.I have decided to use it year round now.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Water retention is good for gaining muscle,just like estrogen is.I guess you might "bloat up"though,that would suck.Like i said,i notice a couple pound weight loss and gain from stopping/starting creatine.Other than that i don't appear bloated or feel it or anything,i didn't even know it made you retain water untill quite a while after taking it.I have decided to use it year round now.
Thats good to know that it works well for you..:thumbsup, but try being a competitve boxer/long distance runner, and adding some water weight umm its not happening..

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats good to know that it works well for you..:thumbsup, but try being a competitve boxer/long distance runner, and adding some water weight umm its not happening..
No thanks.I have a hard enough time putting on size as it is.I do get the urge to become a boxer sometimes,but i have to make the time to get to the gym for an hour sometimes in the hopes of being huge.:bb3:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
No thanks.I have a hard enough time putting on size as it is.I do get the urge to become a boxer sometimes,but i have to make the time to get to the gym for an hour sometimes in the hopes of being huge.:bb3:
lol a huge fencer...:toofunny:

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No $h!t.All fencers and construction workers are in horrible shape.Yet people will ask if my muscles are from fencing.I haven't been asked in a while,hopefully that means it's obvious now.I also see guys saying how construction could help you.Besides forearms,it doesn't.It burns too many calories.I am lucky that i work for my Dad and can eat every two hours without a problem.I have heard of bb's in construction before,but never met one.Theirs a big guy at my gym that works in oil fields,but i found out the other day he's in a truck all day.He gets out every hour to check meters.so that doesn't count.I have put on 40lbs and i know i can put on much more.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
No $h!t.All fencers and construction workers are in horrible shape.Yet people will ask if my muscles are from fencing.I haven't been asked in a while,hopefully that means it's obvious now.I also see guys saying how construction could help you.Besides forearms,it doesn't.It burns too many calories.I am lucky that i work for my Dad and can eat every two hours without a problem.I have heard of bb's in construction before,but never met one.Theirs a big guy at my gym that works in oil fields,but i found out the other day he's in a truck all day.He gets out every hour to check meters.so that doesn't count.I have put on 40lbs and i know i can put on much more.
nice man yea the whole construction worker def burns a hell of a lot of calories with lil opportunity to replace them

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nice man yea the whole construction worker def burns a hell of a lot of calories with lil opportunity to replace them
But it can be done.You either make excuses and accept "fate".Or you take control and make it happen.